Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

1987 Build in Charlotte N.C.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C.

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 4 months ago #12320

I think that paint looks good from a computer screen at the least!
Out of curiosity, where did you source the paint to get such a good 'GT3 Orange'?
I also didn't notice if you did the job yourself or got some help from someone with a booth...
Owner of #913 (number soon to change) in RMR NASA.

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 4 months ago #12323

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Near where i got the roll cage done is a painter. I helped with the sanding and did all the grinding scraping on the interior. Eric (Painter) did the spraying. I thought about doing spray bombs for the interior but then changed my mind cause i wanted a more durable finish. So i went with a white polyurethane single stage. Should make touch ups easier as well. Bit more money went into the paint job than i wanted but i hope to keep the car for years to come so a little more now should be well spent. The original green was dead as well. It really needed the facelift. The only regret i have now is that there are too many Orange paint 944 race cars now.
Tuesday the dash should be completed so i will post some pictures of that. Found a young fabricator who does amazing work. Stay tuned....
Attachments:
Last Edit: 12 years, 4 months ago by seafeye.

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 4 months ago #12325

Well done- it certainly sounds (and looks) like all of this hard work is paying off. I hope you get to enjoy the car as soon as the new season starts!
Owner of #913 (number soon to change) in RMR NASA.

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 4 months ago #12336

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Got a bit accomplished. Have the holes cut for the gauges and painted the sheet metal wrinkle black. Going to use cam lock type for mounting to the roll cage. Don't really like how it comes down at an angle. The tach I bought is one that mounts on the top of a dash and i found that with the 944 that will end up being too high. A better solution would have been to use one that mounts in a hole like the smaller ones. I think i can get this one to do that, but will have to redo the dash again.
Attachments:

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 3 months ago #12448

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Got the seat installed. Used the factory sliders and modified the sparco seat brackets to fit. Seems a bit high but doubt it can go any lower unless i remove the seat mounts on the floor.
Attachments:

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 3 months ago #12457

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Finishing up the wiring. When it comes to the 4 post battery disconnect. Can you just splice the positive off the ignition coil?
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds