Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

NEW CAR BUILD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: NEW CAR BUILD

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 1 month ago #10290

You might want to use distilled water in the cooling system. I don't know how your water is there but out here, you would have rocks in the engine after a year if you used city water.

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 1 month ago #10294

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
It might be running but there is a lot of little stuff left to do. Window net, belts, fire system and other issues. I'll be seeing Nick this Tue. to get it weight and the rear dropped. The rear bushings can wait till, whenever I get to it. I'm movin' as fast as I can, remember it's only me working on it and not 2 or 4 guys in a shop. I only get occasional help once it awhile.

It says on the back of the Purple Ice not to use distilled water. Don't know why it says that but our water here is OK. I know what you mean about the rocks though, thanks.

Got some work done today, picked up the bearings for the camber plate. I replaced both of them cause the one that was still working wasn't to far from not working.

PIC_9798.JPG

PIC_9805.JPG

Installed the strut assembly and dialed in as much negative camber as possible with the eccentric bolts. I know it will need an aliment before it hits the track.

PIC_9811.JPG

I also installed the collector on the exhaust headers. I'll get the rest of the exhaust done at the local muffler shop later next week.
Installed the old wheels and set it on the ground for the first time in months. It seems like a midgets car now that its on the ground compaired to when it was on jack stands way up in the air.

PIC_9834.JPG

PIC_9839.JPG

WOW, it moves under it's own power. Tomorrow I'll run it up to temp and bleed the cooling system down.

Check out the video below.
View My Video

Nuts and bolts for exhaust and camber plates.....$13.60
Total in car so far.....$7854.87
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
Last Edit: 13 years ago by RacerX.

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 1 month ago #10295

Lookin' good!

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 1 month ago #10313

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Is that the Corbeau FX1 race seat? Wondering if it is legal without FIA stamp on it? I like the seats and would like them on my car is NASA is OK with it.

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 1 month ago #10315

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Yes it is an FX seat. As per the CCR

15.16 Driver‟s Seat
The driver‟s seat must be securely fastened and braced in such a way as to minimize the possibility of breaking loose during an impact. Large fender washers and solid fabricated mounts are recommended. Seats made primarily of plastic, PVC, ABS, or other similar polymers are strictly prohibited. The installation of the seat must conform to all requirements published by the manufacturer.

15.16.1 Racing Seat
Some series require an approved racing seat. It is strongly recommend that a racing seat be installed in all vehicles. A racing seat is of solid design; not “tube and cloth” designs commonly found in passenger cars. It can be very difficult to properly brace a “tube and cloth” type seat and the vehicle may not pass technical inspection. Additionally, the cloth or material on a “stock” seat is typically not flame retardant. Therefore, the proper installation of a racing seat is strongly recommended.

and

15.6.22 Seat Back Support
A seatback support must be made to hold the seat from going back in the event of a crash. A plate should be used to distribute the load. No bolts, corners, or sharp objects should be placed in such a manner that could lead to a possible puncture of the driver in a high impact crash. Proper design and installation is crucial to safety and it is recommended that the driver employ the services of a professional race car builder for this, as well as all other vehicle safety items. An exception may be made for those seats homologated to, and mounted in accordance with, FIA 8855-1999 or 8862-2009 standards. Those seats that qualify for the aforementioned exception must conform to the entire FIA 8855-1999 or 8862-2009 set of regulations, as applicable. This includes a mandatory seat replacement, or use of a seat back brace, for any seat more than five (5) years old (8899-1999) or more than ten (10) years old (8862-2009). Please reference the FIA regulations. www.fia.com/

It is not FIA rated seat therfore it needs a seat-back brace.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 1 month ago #10322

944Racer72 wrote:
You might want to use distilled water in the cooling system. I don't know how your water is there but out here, you would have rocks in the engine after a year if you used city water.

ALWAYS use distilled water. This minimizes corrosion especially when not running coolant.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds