Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

NEW CAR BUILD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: NEW CAR BUILD

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 1 month ago #10324

I agree but I wonder why his Purple Ice says not to use with distilled?

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 1 month ago #10327

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Got some work done this evening. I fabed up covers to mount in the cowl area and got those painted and installed. The one covering the old fuse pannel is removable to access the pedal assembly.

PIC_9914.JPG

PIC_9910.JPG

The battery that I had left from when I was doing TT didn't survive the winter so I ordered an new one which came in Fri. I guess I was expecting to much for it to last 4 years. I got that hooked up too.

PIC_9920.JPG

I also had some roll bar padding left over from when I did the GTO. I can't believe how much the padding costs. I don't remember it costing that much but these days everything costs more. I just hope it was enough to pass tec.

PIC_9924.JPG

Battery, roll bar padding.....$277.28
Total in car so far.....$8132.15
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
Last Edit: 13 years ago by RacerX.

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 1 month ago #10330

944Racer72 wrote:
I agree but I wonder why his Purple Ice says not to use with distilled?

Not sure, but I never use regular water in any cooling system. I alsu never use purple ice. Just coolant (street cars) or water wetter.

On the cowl make sure you make it water tight. Rain water will get in there and fill in the inside of the car if it is not.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by joepaluch.

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 1 month ago #10425

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
No worries on leaking, the blower motor hole is sealed with aluminum tape and the fuse pannel hole still has the lip on it, so no water should get in there.

Loaded the car on the trailer and headed to Benningtons. first up, get the rear torsion bars re-indexed. Dennis ground off the end caps and Nick welded tabs on.

PIC_9956.JPG

PIC_0004.JPG

The tabs broke several times as the the torsion bars were rusted in pretty good. Glad I didn't try to do this!

PIC_9990.JPG

Put your back into it Nick!!! Pull harder!!!

PIC_9993.JPG

Once Nick got the car lowered, he threw it on the scales.

PIC_0009.JPG

Unofficial weight..... no driver.....2250 lbs. We still have to install some items but wanted to know what it weight and how much we have to play with. We will re-weight and dial in the final ride height once everything is installed.

PIC_0014.JPG

I was also issued a log book. Some items still need to be addressed as they're not quite finished yet. We'll do the final inspection at the track before the first race.

Pre tech, torsion bar index, pre ballance, re-tap rear shock mount thread, bolts and scale car.....$396.00
Total in car so far.....$8528.15

Last Edit: 13 years ago by RacerX.

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 1 month ago #10429

RacerX wrote:
..Unofficial weight..... no driver.....2250 lbs. We still have to install some items but wanted to know what it weight and

Are you sure 2250? Crap that is light you would need ballast at any dirver less than 350lbs...
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by joepaluch.

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 1 month ago #10436

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
I weight 230 with street clothes. I still have to add, my gear, fire system, nets, exhaust system, cooling suit, passenger seat and belts. The fuel tank was close to being empty. That leaves me 120 lbs for all the stuff I have to add. I'd like to come in just a tick over 2600 lbs with very little fuel. Isn't that the way its suppose to be done?

Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds