Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

NEW CAR BUILD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: NEW CAR BUILD

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years ago #10519

My last two cars I've built, both 85.5's have been almost exactly 2,300lbs, with no gas in them.
Interestingly, this car is 50:50 F/R before ballast, and 50:50 side to side after ballast. The ballast moves the F:R distribution to 51:49, but each corner of the car is still within about 35 lbs. Once I put in another passenger seat for instructing, and put the cool suit in place of some of the ballast, the car should end up virtually square, weight wise.

Pro teams/cars have to spend big bucks to make this happen, but our cars come within spitting distance of that just as Porsche made them! Pretty cool .
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years ago #10520

Wow I guess mu car will need to go on a diet. Maybe I should dump the full-size battery and door glass. Then again that will mean more ballast.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years ago #10521

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Finished up my fire system. I mounted the bottle behind the drivers seat, nice and low.

PIC_0163.JPG

Fabed up a bracket to mount the handle and welded it in place.

PIC_0169.JPG

Ran the lines along the trans tunnel and back up, attaching one of the 180* nozzles. I kept running the other line up to the roll cage.

PIC_0201.JPG

PIC_0176.JPG

Across the cage to the passenger side and out through the fire wall into the battery compartment.

PIC_0182a.JPG

Along the battery compartment floor and up the other side and out into he engine bay where I attached the 2nd 180* nozzle.

PIC_0190.JPG

PIC_0146.JPG

PIC_0200.JPG
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
Last Edit: 13 years ago by RacerX.

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years ago #10522

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
I need some help please.

If you would be so kind to provide some front alignment figures, I would appreciate it.

I have the eccentric bolts for the camber turned all the way negative and the camber plates are adjusted all the way negative too. What kind of toe in/out settings is anybody using?? Is that too much negative camber??

Thanks,
Ken
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
Last Edit: 13 years ago by RacerX.

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years ago #10523

looks like alot of people use 3.5 front and 2.5 or so rear w/ RA1's and just a touch rear tow in.
"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting."

Follow my blog at danj944spec.wordpress.com/

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years ago #10525

xsboost90 wrote:
looks like alot of people use 3.5 front and 2.5 or so rear w/ RA1's and just a touch rear tow in.

^^^ This. Zero toe up front, since you have stiffer bushings

You probably have too much camber, You can get 2.5 degrees or more from the OEM eccentrics alone. Only one way to figure it out.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds