(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/

TOPIC: my PMP setup.

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years, 1 month ago #452

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Any reason why full soft on the rear Koni's, Chuck? I have mine at full stiff, which is probably too much, but I just haven't gotten around to pulling them out and adjusting them. I had just sort of arbitrarily set them there when I installed them and haven't had time to fine tune it. That was one of those things I was planning to do instead of tearing apart a Chevy motor last week. Well, at least I have plenty of time to do that, fix my front alignment, remove weight, etc., now...
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by Weston.

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years, 1 month ago #469

• dgrande
  • Drivers Ed
Boy do I feel stupid. I have no idea where my suspension is set (it was on the wreck when I bought it). I haven't touched it except asking Dart to give me as much front camber as possible when the motor was put in. I'll do some research and report back - I didn't even know we could change the shock settings. One of these days I'll get this figured out.....

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years, 1 month ago #477

Weston wrote:
I just haven't gotten around to pulling them out and adjusting them. I had just sort of arbitrarily set them there when I installed them and haven't had time to fine tune it. ...

same here that is just where i put them ...

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years, 1 month ago #484

dgrande wrote:
Boy do I feel stupid. I have no idea where my suspension is set (it was on the wreck when I bought it). I haven't touched it except asking Dart to give me as much front camber as possible when the motor was put in. I'll do some research and report back - I didn't even know we could change the shock settings. One of these days I'll get this figured out.....

Don't feel bad... changing shock settings is worth a few tenths here and there at most. Unless you are looking to gain that little bit shocks won't make any difference. The rest of the guys just like to sound cool.

Over the years I have been racing these cars I have learned that a decient setup puts you in the ballpark. Then it is the driver's job to extract the speed from the car. Fine tunning things like 1/4 inch ride height adjustments, shock tunning, 1" or less sway bar adjustments, and 0.5 deg camber settings are little things that all combined might get you a consistant 0.5 to 0.8 seconds a lap. These are great to mess with when work on being out front, but not so important when you are still looking to gain seconds a lap.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by joepaluch.

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years, 1 month ago #490

I ran a ride height worthy of the WRC, with whatever springs dampers and T-bars were on the car. I do however, have the club sport 19mm adjustable rear sway and the 26.8mm front bars. Those combined with some thoroughly heat cycled, used RA1s that I got real cheap, enabled me to run at the back (quite successfully !) Brakes will get some attention soon, as I had enough to lock-up frequently, but never knew where the pedal was going to be. Fun, fun.

Your results with this set-up may vary

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years, 1 month ago #565

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Any discussion by those running the new R888's? Times, feel, pressures?
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds