Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

What day do you plan on arriving at Miller?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/

TOPIC: What day do you plan on arriving at Miller?

Re:What day do you plan on arriving at Miller? 16 years ago #710

I will send Dave over here . I just know from someother things going on that I don't think we will run the full track all day ... ???

Drivers you should, if you can, plan on being there NLT mid day Friday...

Re:What day do you plan on arriving at Miller? 16 years ago #711

• Bottoz
  • Seasoned Racer
Chris wrote:
I dont think I'll be able to afford friday so i wouldnt want to miss out on any races I was just planning on instructing friday and learning the track that way.

I don't want to miss a race... but I just had to plop down 800 on a new engine. Equal-Cheap Racing... right? An additional $185 isn't cheap.
C.J. Botts
1984 944 #37

2007 RM HPDE Driver of the Year
2010 RM Instructor of the Year
2013 RM 944SPEC Director
Last Edit: 16 years ago by Bottoz.

Re:What day do you plan on arriving at Miller? 16 years ago #712

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Chris wrote:
I dont think I'll be able to afford friday so i wouldnt want to miss out on any races I was just planning on instructing friday and learning the track that way.

Yeah, I'm playing with that idea too...
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:What day do you plan on arriving at Miller? 16 years ago #720

Bottoz wrote:

I don't want to miss a race... but I just had to plop down 800 on a new engine. Equal-Cheap Racing... right? An additional $185 isn't cheap.

No $185 for one day is not cheap. That is why I think it should made valuable for racers to spend that money.

Their are many many reasons for a racer to spend that $$$ to use the full track on a Friday.

In general most of us don't run at Miller to often so basic track knowledge is limited. Given the track is 4.5 miles it takes at least 3 times the laps at a 1.5 mile track to "learn". A single 20 minute run session is not enough to really learn the track. So it is ideal to have a test day. I am driving a long way to race at Miller and spend a fair level of $$$ just to get there. I don't mind an extra 185 for Friday if I can use it to prepare for Sat & Sunday. I would consider it money well spent for a track I have never raced on. Now I will say that even if the track is split up I can still learn something, but ideal for me and I figure most racers is the full 4.5 mile track as it will be used Sat & Sunday.

Again if it means ditching the 944 Friday race to run the full track I say ditch the friday race. The nice thing about a full test day is you have all day to drive and consider the track and your set-up. You can tweak sway bars or try all kind of lines around the track. In a race you can't really test lines as you a racing and lines pretty much go out the window. Sure racing is fun, but IMHO part of the fun of racing is being able to prepare for the race. On a 3 day weekend like this that is what the Friday is for.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 16 years ago by joepaluch.

Re:What day do you plan on arriving at Miller? 16 years ago #722

• comatb
  • Junior Racer
We are coming from probably the longest tow and the full track on Friday is a must for us to learn this track. We would definitely re-consider our entry if we don't use the full track on Friday. I agree with Joe that the race on Friday is not as valuable to us as maximizing practice time to be ready for Saturday and Sunday.
#211 Eastern Canada, Great Lakes Region

Re:What day do you plan on arriving at Miller? 16 years ago #723

Guys,
Do you think we should move this topic to the Miller section? The discussion is pretty general to all regions that will be attending the event.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds