Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Official Rules Change Proposal Thread
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread

Re: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread 9 years, 5 months ago #18727

• afonseca
  • Junior Racer
I'm in favor of both of proposals by joeblow because they don't enhance performance but do provide optional ways to increase longevity/reliability in an inexpensive way. This is important to me as our cars get older that the rules adapt to be flexible with ways to keep them going. Nicely written.

#44 Alberto Fonseca
? Region

Re: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread 9 years, 5 months ago #18728

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
Good job beating Charlie to his 'NO!'.

afonseca wrote:
I'm in favor of both of proposals by joeblow because they don't enhance performance but do provide optional ways to increase longevity/reliability in an inexpensive way. This is important to me as our cars get older that the rules adapt to be flexible with ways to keep them going. Nicely written.
Old Racer!

Re: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread 9 years, 5 months ago #18729

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
No offense Joe but I think both ideas are bad. Trans axles do not appear to be a weak point, I've never seen one fail yet and at nationals I didn't see one car with a cooler yet we all survived. Any time you add the word "any" into a rule set you are asking for trouble and wild interpretations. Besides I don't want to be following a car that has a home brewed cooler setup when it starts to fail. Use a good gear lube and you will be fine, trust me!

As for the shifter, the slop can be fixed for pennies. The trouble point is the pin on the lever, just grind it off, tack in a bolt you already have, tighten it up and off you go. I just did this the fancy way and used needle bearing washers and it's like brand new for $5! Imagine if you say "any shifter" you'll have someone with a 3 foot long lever, pedal extensions and steering spacer and be sitting in the back seat. It's also been my experience that short shifters ADD to miss shifts not helping to stop them.

Too much vagueness, too costly and very unnecessary!

Re: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread 9 years, 5 months ago #18736

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
Tim's wink mirror suggestion is a good one as it is safety related and not a performance issue.

Re: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread 9 years, 5 months ago #18737

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
Except some like a parabolic some like a wink. Set up your mirrors how you like.

Atteberry wrote:
Tim's wink mirror suggestion is a good one as it is safety related and not a performance issue.
Old Racer!

Re: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread 9 years, 5 months ago #18738

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
I don't think there is anything wrong with the shifter rules. You can put another ball or what have you on. I did. I did it on here in front of everybody. You just have to make sure they are the same height as stock. Go here about 2/3 down the page.
944spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-build...limit=6&start=30
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds