Username Password: Remember me

Tire size decision?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Tire size decision?

Re:Tire size decision? 14 years, 7 months ago #5581

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Although I liked many things about the 205 idea, my personal preference is really leaning towards the 225's these days... The recent price increase is certainly bad for us, but they're a proven tire with a long life, and we've had enough tire drama damage our class this year.

On the other hand, if we can find a better spec tire deal than Toyo, I'm all for jumping on it. The word is that Spec-E30 is looking to go that route because they're fed up with being put through the same crap that we have been. I'm totally willing to put in the time testing and setting up a new tire on my car if that frees us from the Toyo monopoly and being jerked around by them and NASA. The current deal is not a good deal for us, but it will be if they continue to screw around and we end up losing all but 5 or so cars in our region...
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:Tire size decision? 14 years, 7 months ago #5583

Weston wrote:
The word is that Spec-E30 is looking to go that route because they're fed up with being put through the same crap that we have been.

You might want to check your sources, E30 is happy to be back on RA1's again...that is, according to their national director.
MICHAEL MADUSKE
2009,2010 Southeast 944-SPEC Champion
Last Edit: 14 years, 7 months ago by mcmmotorsports.

Re:Tire size decision? 14 years, 7 months ago #5585

• sagoston
  • Junior Racer
While at Miller I asked Bryan from Toyos Only what the price difference is between a 205 and 225. The 205 are currently running $14 per tire less ($137 vs $151). About 10% for about 10% less tire seems fair to me. But if this is where the price difference will remain going forward and the price was the primary reason for the change, I don't consider this price difference as reason enough to continue considering this change.

But like Charlie says,
"BRING ON THE RULE CHANGES!!!"

Re:Tire size decision? 14 years, 7 months ago #5586

It is not this price difference I am concerned with, it is the increase that Toyo will have in 2010. In addition, try buying a 225/50-15 RA1 today. Better yet, good luck finding one.
MICHAEL MADUSKE

Re:Tire size decision? 14 years, 7 months ago #5587

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
mcmmotorsports wrote:
Weston wrote:
The word is that Spec-E30 is looking to go that route because they're fed up with being put through the same crap that we have been.

You might want to check your sources, E30 is happy to be back on RA1's again...that is, according to their national director.

As we will be after this season (for the most part), but it sure is interesting what's being talked about "off the record" in several classes. Racers can speak a lot more openly than directors and other NASA officials, who have to be politically correct.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:Tire size decision? 14 years, 7 months ago #5588

I was going off of the information stated by the E30 National director.
MICHAEL MADUSKE
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds