Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Body (6-10)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Body (6-10)

Re:Body (6-10) 14 years, 5 months ago #6177

Jim aftermarket fiberglass replacement front spoiler that look stock are legal right now. We have never allowed any other shape to prevent any actual or percieved aero advantage.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Body (6-10) 14 years, 5 months ago #6181

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
6 Min weight 2650
Mininum 2650lbs with driver

If we are moving to a 205 sized tire I would not recommend forcing the cars to be heavier.

7 Starters (no heavier than stock)
Aftermarket starters are allowed, but they may not weight more than XXlbs (stock early starter)

Not sure if this was even an issue.

8 Cut metal supports on hood
The sheet metal support frame on the under side of the hood that may be removed or modfied

Not sure why we'd want this...it makes the hood flimsier yet lighter.

9 Lexan Windshield
Lexan windshields are allowed with a minumum thickness of 3/16 inch.

I'm not against this as several people are having issues with cracked windshields - but the glare you get from lexan especially if at dawn or dusk will be impossible to see through.

10 Jack plates
Factory Jack points located on each rocker in the middle of the car may have plates of 4"x4" max per side to limit deformatinon of these points that can occuring during raising of the car.

this shouldn't be an issue...i had jack reinforce plates put in so that I could jack up the car much easier.
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/
Last Edit: 14 years, 5 months ago by jaje.

Re:Body (6-10) 14 years, 5 months ago #6186

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
joepaluch wrote:
These are PROPOSED changes gather from the various discussions. Use this area to further discuss these. Based on the feedback we get the rules will be changed (or not) to reflect these updates. It is anticipated that some rules changes will NOT be accepted, but all are up for debate.

6 Min weight 2650
Mininum 2650lbs with driver

7 Starters (no heavier than stock)

Aftermarket starters are allowed, but they may not weight more than XXlbs (stock early starter)

8 Cut metal supports on hood
The sheet metal support frame on the under side of the hood that may be removed or modfied

9 Lexan Windshield
Lexan windshields are allowed with a minumum thickness of 3/16 inch.

10 Jack plates
Factory Jack points located on each rocker in the middle of the car may have plates of 4"x4" max per side to limit deformatinon of these points that can occuring during raising of the car.

6: No - haven't heard good arguments to change.
7: No - stock starters are plentiful and I don't hear of frequent failures.
8: Neutral.
9: No - upkeep of Lexan would be more intensive and I believe Lexan would need to be replaced more often that the stock glass for safety.
10: Yes - safety for jacking.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Body (6-10) 14 years, 5 months ago #6203

NO to 2650!! YES to 2550 and lexan.
Rich Geisler 944spec#03 2009 AZ champion- Firebird raceway track record holder 1:12.031 Firebird east track record holder 1:06.452

Re:Body (6-10) 14 years, 5 months ago #6207

• bay924s
  • Comp School
We are two months from the start of the 2010 race season...I feel it's too late for new rules....

Clarification of rules are acceptable....

Steve
Steve Huey
Norcal #106 and sometimes #95 1/2

Re:Body (6-10) 14 years, 5 months ago #6214

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
I can't support #6... 2600lbs is an achievable number; it just takes some effort for late cars and/or larger drivers.

#7 is good.

#8 has me on the fence... I personally wouldn't mess with it, but I don't care if others do.

#9 is good as long as the weight is the same.

#10 is a good idea, but we need to also limit thickness, weight, and how many of them. We don't want these being used as ballast.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds