Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Road Atlanta next weekend
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/

TOPIC: Road Atlanta next weekend

Re: Road Atlanta next weekend 12 years, 10 months ago #11070

I started looking at the rules and I think you are probably right. The nice thing about 944 Spec is that it seems that everything is buttoned down fairly tight. That power/weight ratio, with no other rules seems to scare me a bit.

The only thing that I don't like about 944Spec is the exclusivity of tire brand. I have access and loyalty to a competing brand and I just can't see myself running Toyo (nothing personal to them - they are a fine company, with good people working for them).

Thanks for the advice!

Re: Road Atlanta next weekend 12 years, 10 months ago #11072

Glad you had a great time - spread the word down there!

Looking at the results, there was only one GTS-1 car down there. Save your pennies, for more seat time, instead of pouring cubic dollars into the car.
A competitive GS-1 car will have:

Full Aero - splitter, fat bottom, diffuser, rear wing ($3K+)
Big Hoosiers - 245 to 275 at all 4 corners on lightweight wheels (>$5K for a couple of sets, not to mention rains)
Moton shocks (3K+)
etc.

The cost to compete in a no - holds barred class like GTS-1 will be at least double, and easily more when people get serious. If you commit to the class, and spread the word, it will grow!

The alarm delete is here - very easy!

Alarm bypass
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Road Atlanta next weekend 12 years, 10 months ago #11075

The more I looked at GTS-1, the more I realized you are right - big bucks... I will stick with 944Spec, but the tires are still an issue with me.

As far as the alarm goes, if I want to completely remove the box, can I just solder wires 1 & 4, and 7 & 8 together permanently and discard the rest at the source? The schematic shows everything still hooked up.

Re: Road Atlanta next weekend 12 years, 10 months ago #11076

I just put jumpers in, and then the rest can go.

Don't worry about tires now. Use what you have while your learning, and then get some Toyos when you need to be legal to race.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Road Atlanta next weekend 12 years, 10 months ago #11100

• UFfitz56
  • Comp School
Hey Michael,
Congrats and glad you had a great time. Go 944 spec! I just got my 944 too (here in FL) and will probably be going to competition school just about the same time as you. I will definitely be making the drive up to some events at Road Atlanta and Roebling Road. That's two more 944 specs in the area! Don't worry we can recruit more! Anyway good luck and keep us up to date.
Best,
Fitz

Re: Road Atlanta next weekend 12 years, 10 months ago #11102

Fitz-

I think I am going 944 Spec. My son is driving the car at RA in Aug, so maybe I'll to build one for him as well

I would love to touch base with you and compare notes. Can you send me contact info?

Thanks,
Michael
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds