Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

help to become a Texas 944 Spec driver
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: help to become a Texas 944 Spec driver

Re: help to become a Texas 944 Spec driver 11 years, 6 months ago #14053

No I havent gotten any road track time. I've just recently had to throw a lot of money in my 944 for a new clutch and new control arms on all corners (steel early ones now.) Through Jones Autowerks here in SA whom I cant give enough props to. They do a fantastic job at reasonable prices.

Its set me back but I've come to a great appreciation of just keeping these old 944s on the road no matter what. Us against the world right? Ive been through every default 944 issue out there.

Raced my first autocross last week, since Jones sorted it, and had the best time ever behind the wheel. Now understanding the concept of seat time no matter what.

Would still like to wheel to wheel but am also noticing living in SA without a track close it'd take a lot of time away from the family. I'll probably just have to stick to the autoX. Any siggestions for my situation? Do I need to go PCA DE with my little NA 2.5 liter?

Re: help to become a Texas 944 Spec driver 11 years, 6 months ago #14061

Aren't you trying to sell your car?

Re: help to become a Texas 944 Spec driver 11 years, 6 months ago #14098

I am, but I am at the point where there is so much money in it I'm thinking of just keeping it as an autocross car and starting over on a road racing car.

Re: help to become a Texas 944 Spec driver 11 years, 5 months ago #14693

Ive become a traitor and bought a 91 miata with a handful of friends that we are going to chump car. legit tracks are too far away from SA for the time and $ investment to get a competition license.

So my car is back up for sale, don't need to or really want to get rid of it, my dad wants to store it at his place with the keys , but a Texas Spec racer can take it on the cheap. new clutch and steel control arms, and race adjustment, from Jones, konis, 968 Lindsey sways, Momo, etc. $4,500.

also looking for a couple of local teammates for the chump team. Have yall seen the difference in porsche parts vs Miata parts. Good Lord! cage is about to be installed first race is at hallett in march 2013.

email me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Moderators: Timwold
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds