Username Password: Remember me

Thanksgiving Weekend
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving Weekend 15 years, 5 months ago #2514

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I, for one, am looking forward to the traditional Thanksgiving weekend of racing at PIR. I am planning on bringing the Pit Monkeys (grandkids) to the race for that "extra edge".

Joe, how will the weekend work? Will there be any Friday testing? As I understand, Saturday will be a normal sprint race and Sunday will be a three hour enduro.

How will the enduro work? Will two drivers be required? How about a fuel stop? Can we run a team with each driver using his own car? How will the points work out? Is it a double points race? Do the drivers split the team points or do they each get full points? What are the rules for the race? If we need a refueler, can we all get together to share them so we don't all need to get our own set up? My son should be at the race and can be part of the crew.

At Sears Point, the fire man did not need to have a race suit on, just long pants. Is that going to be the rule here? My spare fire suit will not fit my son, he is bigger than I am so if he will need a suit, I need to borrow one somewhere.

Does anyone want to do anything for Saturday evening supper? If so, let me know and we can all plan something.

Is anyone coming out to the HSR race the weekend before the Thanksgiving race? I have been thinking about coming over with the C-Type and the 944 for that event but don't want to run the 944 alone.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re:Thanksgiving Weekend 15 years, 5 months ago #2515

• bcc1323
  • Junior Racer
Hi Jim,

I'm planning on HSR if my car is all right. Of course with you setting records everywhere I'll just wave as you go by.
Oh, by the way I've got your tire money from SCCA for last year. See you somewhere.

Larry

Re:Thanksgiving Weekend 15 years, 5 months ago #2526

Jim,
So far the weekend is shaping up to be Sat & Sunday. No test day Friday.

I don't have all the details on the Sups for the event. It will NOT be double point for 944 spec. All races are single points as double pts with drops just does not work out well. For 944 spec points all drivers doing 30 min in the car get full points for their finishing order.

As for HSR... I won't be there. I will be trying too finish my engine change that weekend. In fact Thanksgiving will be motor break in time for me.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Thanksgiving Weekend 15 years, 5 months ago #2528

They are here.
http://forums.clubracingaz.com/showthread.php?t=2148

So fueler in full fire gear. Fireman fire gear not needed.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Thanksgiving Weekend 15 years, 5 months ago #2537

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Thanks for the link, Joe.

New engine, sounds great. You will have full power now with that fresh engine. Did you use those hollow valves filled with helium that I suggested? How much break in do you think you need to do? I trust you will be able to race on Saturday at full speed.

The supps didn't address some of our 944 questions, specifically, can two drivers each use their own car as a team? If so, how do we handle the transponder issue. Jason suggested that we use one of NASA's and swap it from car to car as the "pit stop". Can we do that?

From what I see, there is no requirement to have two drivers. One driver can run the entire race if they choose. After all, it is only three hours. The NASCAR boys do more than that every weekend

How do we divide up into our teams? Who races with who? Can you make the enduro a "non 944 points race"? It seems to me that it could have an affect on our season points in a way that could affect some more than others and it is a "team" event rather than our individual effort. I am fine with it not being a points race.

We will need 5 lb fire extinguishers for "each" pit. The enduro rules don't allow for "sharing" an extinguisher unless the two teams don't pit at the same time. Does anyone have a 5 lb extinguisher we can use? My son should be there and can be a fueler if we can find him a suit and helmut. I have gloves he can use. He can fuel others if they want him to. That way we could all share one pit if we want to. Of course, we would need to stagger our stops. I have a radio so that is no problem for me. Hand signals can work for others as well. We would need a fire person. My oldest grandson is only 14 so he can't go over the pit wall. From what I understand, we will also need some water in the pit and some kitty litter absorbent for spills as well.

This should be fun. I am looking forward to it.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, norman#99
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds