Username Password: Remember me

A shout out to Darren and Austin
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: A shout out to Darren and Austin

A shout out to Darren and Austin 13 years, 7 months ago #8297

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I got to see both Darren and Austin close up and personal during the Championship race at Nationals. Since I will not be at PIR this weekend I wanted to compliment both of them for their excellent finishes and, even more importantly, their sportsmanship and driving skills.

Darren drove great races the entire event and raced hard but very clean. We had several great battles with him winning both of them, including in the Big Show. Congrats on your finish. I just wish you had been able to catch third and fourth. You just needed one more lap to finish third.

Now to Austin. As many of you may know, I was critical of what I perceived as his agressive driving in several races last year. I can tell you all I have gained tremendous respect for his driving during the championship race this year. Austin stormed through the field from his starting position and was on my rear bumper after one lap. We battled for the entire race and we raced clean. I know that it must have been very frustrating for him to be bottled up behind me for so much of the race (it turns out his front sway bar bracket had broken)but he kept it clean. His maturity, during the entire event, impressed me greatly and I am a big fan, now.

Congrats to both of you, Darren and Austin. You made Arizona proud.

Everyone, have fun this weekend.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, norman#99
Banner
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds