Username Password: Remember me

A shout out to Dave
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: A shout out to Dave

A shout out to Dave 13 years, 7 months ago #8298

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I think you guys know about Dave but, if you don't, here is the straight scoop on the guy.

Jim Richards had several problems at Nats. The worst was a clutch problem in a qualifying race. Dave, singlehandedly, jumped in with Jim to fix it so he could get out the next day. I was busy with issues on my car for several hours and by the time I had it under control, I was TIRED and still had to go into Tooele to pick up a cool shirt box I was having built. I had no energy to help Jim and Dave. I felt bad about it but not bad enough to do anything about it.

Dave even had to drive 30 minutes to his hotel when he left the track. I don't know just how long they worked on the car, certainly past midnight, but Jim was running the next day.

Dave has helped me so many times, both at the track and at his home. Dave, I am sorry I was unable to help. I know Dave has helped many, many others as well and should be recognized for all he does week in and week out.

I, therefore, propose a new award for Arizona this year, "THE 944 MAN OF THE YEAR", and I hereby nominate Dave Hauk for the first annual award. I propose that the award be given out at the Thanksgiving race but others can decide that. I know that there is a banquet that may be the place. I do not believe there is anyone more deserving of receiving this trophy than Dave.

I will contribute a trophy for the winner this year and propose that all 944 racers contribute into a fund, starting next year, to keep this award going to the 944 person that does the most to help the group thrive. It can be done by taking a Toyo buck or two from each days race to build up a fund for a trophy.

Heck, you guys might want to establish another award or two and fund them the same way. I will gladly shave off a dollor from each of my toyo earnings in each event through the year for this purpose. It that doesn't work, lets come up with other ideas to do this for 944-Spec in Arizona.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re:A shout out to Dave 13 years, 6 months ago #8299

• JRichard
  • Senior Racer
Great idea Jim, and Dave would be my vote, he really went above and beyond to help, and I know that he's done the same for many other guys over the years as well!

Jim
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, norman#99
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds