Username Password: Remember me

Brewing School and my Race Car
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brewing School and my Race Car

Brewing School and my Race Car 12 years, 7 months ago #11474

Well guys, brewing school is steadily approaching. Things are looking pretty positive for me. Just a week ago, I went to Sierra Nevada Beer Camp. I made some good connections there. The R&D Head Brewer and the Intern training under him are both graduates of the school I'll be going to. The intern actually graduated this year and went intern for SN pretty much strait away. Also a local brewery around here is planning to expand in about a year and would be looking for a good head brewer about that time. I'm really hopeful that I'll be able to settle back in NorCal after Europe.

I've pretty well decided that I'm not going to try too hard to sell my race car to fund brewing school. Of my cars, it will be the hardest to sell and the most expensive to replace. I know several people had offered to hold onto it for me, and that would be much appreciated.

I was wondering if maybe folks in the region might be interested in sort-of buying my car for a low price to use as a spare car for the region. Say something like $5,000, and then the option for me to buy it back for the same price after I return and get some positive cash flow. It would make for a nice loan to help me out in Europe, and the car wouldn't be sitting there totally uselessly.

Let me know what you guys think. I still need to get out to watch a race weekend.

Re: Brewing School and my Race Car 12 years, 7 months ago #11475

Congrats on the beer success! Sounds like a great way to make a living.

I wonder if Charlie B. might be interested in some sort of "charter" of your car. Jerry has the spare trailer and tow vehicle possibility. Maybe there is some way to work it all out?

Not trying to volunteer a bunch of people but it would be nice to have another car regularly in NORCAL.

Re: Brewing School and my Race Car 12 years, 7 months ago #11477

Totally. I'm just thinking something along the lines of a newby wanting to try it out, or maybe several guys pitching in $500 each or something. That way if somebody's cam cover explodes in the middle of a race or something, there's a backup car.
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by Salanis42.

Re: Brewing School and my Race Car 12 years, 7 months ago #11484

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Great idea of having a spare car stationed in the pit lane. If someone has a problem, they can get back into the pits and jump out and into the "spare" car and get back into the fight.

Of course, there should be a "local" rule that everyone else would concede positions to the driver so that he can "restart" from 1st position, just to make it fair, of course.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds