Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend?

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weeke 15 years, 10 months ago #2496

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
rd7839 wrote:
By the way Jerry, we were watching your dvd in car from ioport and could see you gear shift lever moving back and forth while you accelerated. Looked like maybe a broken motor mount?

I'll check for that too -- thanks
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weeke 15 years, 10 months ago #2500

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Jerry, you can look up into the rear housing to see if the torque tube is turning or not. That would break down whether the problem is in the clutch or the trans/diff.

Remember my new car that wouldn't move, just screech? It turned out that the motor moved and jambed the rear connector between the torque tube and trans to get moved forward on the splines. The screech was the pinch bolt on the connector against the splines on the trans. No damage to the splines though. My guess is a motor mount was broken and allowed the motor to move back, jamb the connector forward on the torque tube spline and pull it forward off the trans spline. The bolt must have been loose for that to have been able to happen. In any event, looking through the access hold in the housing will tell you if you have movement at that point and go from there.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weeke 15 years, 10 months ago #2501

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Big Dog wrote:
Jerry, you can look up into the rear housing to see if the torque tube is turning or not. That would break down whether the problem is in the clutch or the trans/diff.

Remember my new car that wouldn't move, just screech? It turned out that the motor moved and jambed the rear connector between the torque tube and trans to get moved forward on the splines. The screech was the pinch bolt on the connector against the splines on the trans. No damage to the splines though. My guess is a motor mount was broken and allowed the motor to move back, jamb the connector forward on the torque tube spline and pull it forward off the trans spline. The bolt must have been loose for that to have been able to happen. In any event, looking through the access hold in the housing will tell you if you have movement at that point and go from there.

Big Dog

That's a good idea. Thanks. Haven't got the car off the trailer yet. I'm waiting for my son to come over for a bit of muscle.
Hope to have the diagnosis all done this weekend.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend? 15 years, 10 months ago #2502

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
OK, Derrick will be driving Saturday for HPDE. It's his 18th birthday so I'm just his crew chief/instructor for the day.

Sid, Ken sent me some 944Spec.org door number panels so I can finally ditch the contact paper ones, if there's time can you show me how to put them on?
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend? 15 years, 10 months ago #2504

Just clean the doors and I'll help you put them on. Just takes a little soap and water solution and a plastic card to do the job. See you next Saturday.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend? 15 years, 10 months ago #2506

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
It's supposed to rain the weekend of Nov 8-9 at Infineon. How is this going to affect people's plans?
Do they ever cancel events due to weather? I would think a lot of people would cancel their plans.

What do you think?
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds