(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: More of Rick's race videos

More of Rick's race videos 13 years, 9 months ago #7789

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
just reviewing my videos from utah last year, decided to publish...

NASA Nationals 2009 944 SPEC Thursday Quali Race
vimeo.com/13680453
I qualified 12th due to a problem but managed to basically hold station through this race.

NASA Nationals 2009 944 SPEC Friday Quali Race
vimeo.com/13668197
This one had a fun start, i started 6th behind Foxx, managed to bump draft and help him forward a bit. I ended up 6th though anyway after the start. One little mistake on lap 2 and i was back to 7th, the 14 year old passed me! Then a bigger mistake later on and the finishing position was not impressive. Don't make mistakes!
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/
Last Edit: 13 years, 9 months ago by rlofgren.

Re:More of Rick's race videos 13 years, 9 months ago #7792

Nice videos!

That Friday race was pretty intense. Lost of cars bunched up and with the high average speeds one mistake becomes clostly. Getting on to the straight heading for the attitude you lost like 5 spots by going off in the dirt. Crazy stuff. Your off in the 3rd attitude reminded me of 2008 when I went off there on crap tires and you drove past me for 3rd on the last lap. That really stings!

I will say that I got luck in that race. Not a great start pushed me back to 10th or 11th. Then I got 3 cars on the last lap and a 1/2 due to mistakes. Fun thing is however the competition was so strong that evern racign for 10th was alot of work. At top 10 at nationals last year was really sucess for anyone. I suspect it will be more of this same this year. While I personally would love to make the podium I just want to have nice racing battle and come back with a clean car. A good race is a good race for 10th or 1st.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 13 years, 9 months ago by joepaluch.
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds