NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1983 944 - Barn Find - Best Offer

1983 944 - Barn Find - Best Offer 13 years, 1 month ago #9979

• jmarsey
  • Drivers Ed
Hi,

I'm a TT'r in NorCal NASA and hope it's ok to post this here. A demolition contractor friend, also runs TT, came across an abandoned 1983/944. Rather than take it to the crusher, we though one of you guys may be interested.

I don't know much about these cars but it appears to be a complete and very straight. I think someone took the computer out. Directly under the steering column is a dangling harness and no box, if that's where the ecu is located. Other than that, it's all there. I think it's been sitting under a tree for years. No tile but have most recent registration 5-8-97 and plates. The owner is deceased and the city has contracted my friend to demolish building and all property. There were several other junk cars there but those went to the crusher. We pulled the 944 aside for obvious reasons.

If anyone is interested I can have the car brought to Infineon next weekend on a trailer. I also have pics I can email to show the condition. If it's appropriate, I can post pictures here as well.

Basically just make an offer. If you guys don't want it, it goes to the crusher after Infineon next weekend.

Thanks, John
Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by jmarsey. Reason: typos

Re: 1983 944 - Barn Find - Best Offer 13 years, 1 month ago #9980

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I am very interested but have a small budget. I can use the money I'm saving for a new seat. Email me pic's if you don't mind at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and then we can make arrangements. I'm going to be at Infineon this weekend, weather permitting but not sure how I can get 2 cars home.

Ron

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: 1983 944 - Barn Find - Best Offer 13 years, 1 month ago #9981

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I just checked with the CEO and she said "get it!" so if you want to call me at 530 740-1313, I'll be home all night.

Re: 1983 944 - Barn Find - Best Offer 13 years, 1 month ago #9982

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Ron - you could haul it out to me and I can store it until you can come and pick it up. Drag it over to me Sat after the races and then Sun you can head home.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: 1983 944 - Barn Find - Best Offer 13 years, 1 month ago #9987

• jmarsey
  • Drivers Ed
Hi Ron,
Here's some pics and will run it by the steam cleaner to get the gunge off. The car is in Napa and could deliver to Infineon and/or your place if not too far and offer is reasonable. I'll give you a call on Monday. Thanks, John

DSC01723.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

DSC01725.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

DSC01727.jpg

DSC01728.jpg

DSC01721.jpg
Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by jmarsey. Reason: add images

Re: 1983 944 - Barn Find - Best Offer 13 years, 1 month ago #10022

• Fooshe
  • Comp School
Hey there John!...put my name in the hat as interested, too.

Where are you at on this little beauty?
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds