(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi New guy here

Hi New guy here 10 years, 3 months ago #17151

• clubks
  • Drivers Ed
I dont know if this is the correct spot to post but i just kinda wanted to introduce myself, The name is Jonathan i am 23 & i just bought my first 944 which is in the porcess of being gutted. I dont really have experience racing door slammers i been go karting for 8 years and seeing how much open wheel racing cost & well testing just to begin with is expensive so i decided to get into the 944 bug.
So again i just wanted to say "hey" lol. Also i know it's cheaper to buy a spec car, but just know i do my own mechanic work & i work at a shop that does welding plus instead of useing the money for the spec car i ve had my eye sight on the Skip Barber racing school in Monterey. So hope to see you guys at the track soon.

Re: Hi New guy here 10 years, 3 months ago #17152

• clubks
  • Drivers Ed
IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_9775.jpg

This is my car by the way

Re: Hi New guy here 10 years, 3 months ago #17160

Hi Jonathan, my name is Norman (Norm) (abnorm....) I am in the AZ region, please let me know if you have any questions or needs and with the nearly 200 944spec cars in the country we can answer just about any question.

Just as a precaution, first thing you should have done is replace the rod bearing, the #2 is our weak link and if it goes that creates so much more work than just replacing them.

From looking at your car's pictures, which is a very nice car by the way, you might want to get the suspension and ride height set up for learning and saving your tires.

It's all about seat time, Skip Barber has a good reputation, I am pretty sure some our drivers have been through their school, but get as much seat time as you can with the local clubs. Where do you live?

Welcome!
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Norman #99

Re: Hi New guy here 10 years, 3 months ago #17162

• clubks
  • Drivers Ed
Hi Norman#99 thanks for the welcome ill defintly be emailing. Yea i am actualy going to be replaceing everything. I bought the oprv tool & gaskets & i am soon going to do the rod bearings as well. By the wayi stay in los anageles area

Re: Hi New guy here 10 years, 3 months ago #17163

• clubks
  • Drivers Ed

Attachment C:\fakepath\20140101_110158.jpg not found

[attachment:2]C:\fakepath\20140101_140601.jpg[/attachment]

Already getting on the jenny craig diet

Re: Hi New guy here 10 years, 3 months ago #17164

• clubks
  • Drivers Ed

Attachment C:\fakepath\20140101_133422.jpg not found

Already getting on the jenny craig diet
Last Edit: 10 years, 3 months ago by clubks.
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds