Username Password: Remember me

Buttonwillow Recap
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Buttonwillow Recap

Buttonwillow Recap 10 years ago #17591

Fun weekend racing with the 944 group. Thanks to everyone who helped at the enduro. Congrats to John N. for his first win. He drove great.

For those of you who were at lunch when the Japanize driver, who didn't speak English, came by and kept pointing to my car and giving thumbs up. The light came on this morning that he was one of the Mazda factory drivers who were driving the Mazda diesels that Ryan told us about.

He must of been the one that I battled it out with during the first part of my stint. Every time I would pass him he would wait for a mistake and re-pass me effortlessly. Initially I was delighted having received a thumbs up from a factory driver. Then when I thought about it, he was driving a stock diesel.

Half a glass full, half a glass empty. I will take the thumbs up over the thumbs down from the Miata boys for going 3 wide into Cotton Corners with them.

Jim R
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Buttonwillow Recap 10 years ago #17596

Sounds like fun!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Buttonwillow Recap 10 years ago #17597

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
The three wide clip will be coming shortly Jim. Yes great weekend of racing by all.

Re: Buttonwillow Recap 10 years ago #17598

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Two wide with Jim R through the Phil Hill turn not once but twice! Great fun!

Two wide with Jim R through the sweeper and through the kink at the end! Big fun!

Watching Jim's face light up at impound = Priceless!!!

Many other great battles throughout the weekend.

I will try to post some of my video if I can figure out how to do it as I actually had a camera thanks to Lil'Kat's thoughtfulness at Christmas.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Buttonwillow Recap 10 years ago #17641

That's really funny Jim. It probably was one of the factory drivers. I could tell there was more he wanted to say, but for the language barrier. Well, good job there, and I really don't think those Miata drivers had any grounds for complaint.

It really was a great weekend, not just because of the racing, but also because it was an easy and fun weekend all the way around. No on-track incidents. No major mechanical issues for anyone. Just great times on track and in the paddock. And it sure was nice to have Charlie's new RV so close to the grid when we had that race delay!

Hope you all are gearing up for Spring Mountain.

Re: Buttonwillow Recap 10 years ago #17647

• jivenjim
  • Senior Racer
Awesome Racing Guys.
Sat night 3 hr Enduro was a blast. Several car pieces on track and so much dirt I could bearly find asfault in Cotton Corners.
Fox was fast Sat.
Richmond beat up on those poor Miata's that got in the mix.
Rain on Friday, Cleared up nice for rest of Weekend.
I think John grab some extra Dirt to bring home on Sat (infield)
And Congrads to John on his First Big Win on Sunday
Anyone Got video of the Qual Race. We were 5 tight for several laps!

sat
youtu.be/xi32K3wETQY

Sun video cuts out about 5 mins short of Johns Win.
youtu.be/RoyIMq7ucs8
Jim Hicks
Texas Transplant
Last Edit: 10 years ago by jivenjim.
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds