New so cal 944 here
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/

TOPIC: New so cal 944 here

New so cal 944 here 9 years, 10 months ago #17839

• reflexr
  • Senior Racer
Hey all, met a few of you at Buttonwillow, Sunday, good words, plenty of encouragement. Short story, right place and time = free '83 944, minus the transaxle. Found one from a 924s, installing next weekend.
I have been working on cars since I was about 12, raced karts from 7-12, FF from 16-18, hiatus from driving on track til 05(17 years), when I bought a used mustang cobra, and joined the SVTOA. I now have an 06 Mustang, V6, fully suspended, that I open track quite often, time trailed a few times with other groups, but is also my DD.
The 944spec will be my full time track car, and with some love from you all, she should be up and running within the month. I plan on bringing it to WSIR in July, just to get some of your reactions/tips. I look forward to seeing you all there.
The plan is to sort the car over the winter, and be competing in 2015.

I need a roll cage.

Thanks for the support!
Joey Genitempo
Joey Genitempo
NASA SoCal
No. 42
88 944 Spec- Blue Camouflage- retired
84 944 Spec- Green- 42
84 944 Spec- Yellow- 24
87 944 Spec-

Re: New so cal 944 here 9 years, 10 months ago #17840

• reflexr
  • Senior Racer
Here's some pics...
Attachments:
Joey Genitempo
NASA SoCal
No. 42
84 944 Spec- Green- 42
84 944 Spec- Yellow- 24
87 944 Spec-

Re: New so cal 944 here 9 years, 10 months ago #17844

Welcome to the 944 group!

Good talking to you yesterday. I will look and see if I have some used Koni struts. I will make you a killer deal. The rear shocks on the early cars are different than late so can't help there. Brakes have to remain stock. We can probably scrape together some used Hawk Blues pads as you are on a mission to build in the least expensive manner.

The cars have to remain stock unless the rule book says you can change something. If it does not say you can do it, don't.

Feel free to post any questions.
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: New so cal 944 here 9 years, 10 months ago #17845

• jivenjim
  • Senior Racer
Cool Joey

Have fun with your new toy and look forward to you coming out and play.
Jim Hicks
Texas Transplant

Re: New so cal 944 here 9 years, 10 months ago #17846

Free is good! The 924S torsion carrier is going to need spacers found on early cars. And longer wheel studs. I have a complete suspension from an '83 car, but I'm in Wisconsin.

Re: New so cal 944 here 9 years, 10 months ago #17847

• reflexr
  • Senior Racer
Cool, thanks for the tips, I am removing the transaxle myself and will be grabbing as many parts as I can off the car. It's an 87 I believe, does that make a difference? I also need the steering shaft between the firewall and the rack, I wonder if the 924s part will fit. The car has stock springs and shocks, so your killer deal is highly anticipated, Jim. No rear brakes either. And the list grows. Next week I am off work, so I will be attacking the car in earnest! Also, I seem to have two different pairs of phone dial wheels. I will post pics of them later. Cheers!
Joey Genitempo
NASA SoCal
No. 42
84 944 Spec- Green- 42
84 944 Spec- Yellow- 24
87 944 Spec-
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds