Username Password: Remember me

BW June Recap
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: BW June Recap

BW June Recap 9 years, 10 months ago #17860

10 cars and 100 degree temps. Welcome to Mary and Simon Peck, both good drivers and nice people. They fit right into the spec group.

Saturday' race was fun with me fighting Jim H. and Everett. Jim retired with a dead alternator and Everett lost a front wheel. That will teach them to mess with me. Foxx, Comeau and Atteberry were the top finishers.

Hicks and I ran the enduro together. Hicks did the ironman by running the first two hours with no cool shirt. His shirt connectors would not fit my system. Atteberry's car blew a trans, Buzzetti's car won our class with Hicks and Richmond in the Squidnobile taking 3rd.

Sunday's qualifying race was great with Hicks, Delano and I in more door to door action.

The sprint race from my standpoint after a few laps was mostly watching the cars in front and back. Simon passed Foxx for the lead and then was passed back on the front straight. I held off Hicks for a few laps until I made a mistake. I watched Atteberry, Delano and Comeau nose to tail in my mirror until Atteberry looped it assisted by some jerk in a Miata. Comeau caught me but did not have enough tires to make a pass. Foxx blew his engine while leading so the podium went to Hicks, Peck and Richmond.

Fun weekend with great people. My butt is still dragging.
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: BW June Recap 9 years, 10 months ago #17875

• jivenjim
  • Senior Racer
Fun Fun Fun.

sat Buttonwillow
youtu.be/6_5BAfi6Bk8

Sun
youtu.be/0W066T5iDbA

Nice Racing Folks.
Jim
Jim Hicks
Texas Transplant

Re: BW June Recap 9 years, 10 months ago #17878

It was an outstanding weekend of racing. I was especially impressed at how many of us were so close together. Just one example, after Saturday's TWO qualifying sessions, Tim had bested me by 1/100th of a second!

Everett
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds