Username Password: Remember me

Laguna Recap SoCal/NoCal
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Laguna Recap SoCal/NoCal

Laguna Recap SoCal/NoCal 9 years, 8 months ago #17985

Fun weekend racing with the NoCal group.

Aubie wrote a good story which you and read in the news section of 944spec.org.

You can see my videos of Sat and Sun at www.youtube.com/squidmobile1
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Laguna Recap SoCal/NoCal 9 years, 8 months ago #17986

• jivenjim
  • Senior Racer
Here's what Laguna Seca had:
Close group of only a couple seconds.
Great track, clean no contacts, with tight battle throughout the pack.
Good friends, free BBQ, craft brews from John and one of the best tracks in country.
I even saw Mad Dog in the walking around before race (wishing he was in our pack)
We lost Joe's 944 (new NV racer 944) when he went a bit fast in the Cork Screw and totaled his front end in Friday practice. If you're going to total your race car, that's the corner to make yourself a legend.

Awesome event write-up form AB in Norcal.
www.944spec.org/944SPEC/

Sat Race (clipped): from Rear view action cam youtu.be/YEoUtt0WbFs

Sunday Race:(clipped) youtu.be/EgVp77V2LRQ

Lap 5 was fastest lap.
Lap 8 was BMW in dirt 2.
Lap 9 was me lapping traffic under Yellow that was not thrown till I was almost past and at max brake.
I was 40 ft from impound till 630pm sun in group of 4 944 in designated row. They awarded me 1st then a race control official bumped into John after I left and said they were going to DG me. So when I got home Monday I went through video and then noticed the late thrown yellow. Jason (lapped 944) pulled off wide and slow in 2 (He probably did not see a yellow as well). My angle and speed would of put me past him even if I had seen the yellow. I watched video 200 times and don't think I would of done it any different.
I am excited for Simons moved 2 places up and now bumped to his first 944spec win. He fought fiercely to move up though the pack. I expect great fights at nationals with this group.

Official Finish: Simon, Ken, Steve.

944 Laguna forum discussion:
www.944spec.org/944SPEC/forum/california...una-recap-socalnocal

JivenJim Hicks
Jim Hicks
Texas Transplant

Re: Laguna Recap SoCal/NoCal 9 years, 8 months ago #17987

Jim,

Sorry to hear about the DQ. You certainly earned 1st with some great, smooth driving. Maybe a discussion with Jerry or Scott might get somewhere?

Re: Laguna Recap SoCal/NoCal 9 years, 8 months ago #17989

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
Yeah, I will have to look at my video again. As I don't remember seeing a yellow until the next lap. If I find evidence to help your case I will let you know.
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: Laguna Recap SoCal/NoCal 9 years, 8 months ago #17990

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
Just reviewed my video and I can see the yellow flag up on the hill to the right, but I was also given a blue flag at start finish with the "safety vehicle" flag.

If you would like the video I can post it up or send it to you?
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: Laguna Recap SoCal/NoCal 9 years, 8 months ago #17991

• jivenjim
  • Senior Racer
Hey Jason,

No worries. I got the Seasons points locked without event and I was racing hard for toyo bucks and PR.
My best time from last year was mid 151's. I wanted to beat the track more than anyone.

Would be nice to see your video clip from start around turn 2 if you can later.
But don't crimp your schedule if it's not easy. Pretty sure the official is not going to change at this point.

Hoping Steve, Simon, Auburn and Ken will show us some video of their dog fight. Looked like good fun.

I would also like the link to the High res pictures of group starts in corner 2 that AB posted if possible. Those are nice!
Jim Hicks
Texas Transplant
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds