Username Password: Remember me

Sonoma Championship Recap and Video
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sonoma Championship Recap and Video

Sonoma Championship Recap and Video 9 years, 5 months ago #18492

Good racing all three days, great weather and good friends both old and new. The usual breakdowns were handled with the group pitching in with help and parts. Thanks to my enduro partner, Jim Hicks, for helping me change my broken spindle, caliper and brake line.

Thanks to Charlie and Laurie for hosting the group dinner Thursday. It was great. Ken Huey came up with a bunch of prizes for the entire group. Thanks Ken, that made being wrecked by the fool in the Miata a bit easier to take.

I had some good racing all three days with door to door action with Hicks on Friday, more door with Alberto in the red 44 through the S's Saturday and some rubbing and door to door with Atteberry through 10 on Sunday. Will post the video when I get time.

Glad Steve and Javier are OK after their tangle on Sunday.

I am posting my video of the Miata wrecking me as a what not to do reminder. How many times have we heard in the drivers meeting to "not race cars out of your class if they are racing each other". The clown in the Miata could of backed off and let us go but he has to try and race us. He misses his marks, goes off, comes back on, hits me, puts me into the tire wall, I spin then he doesn't get on his brakes and hits me again.
youtu.be/LJelHjz8B4s
A pox on the Miata
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Sonoma Championship Recap and Video 9 years, 5 months ago #18503

I'm almost done with a full writeup, everyone stay tuned!

Re: Sonoma Championship Recap and Video 9 years, 5 months ago #18505

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
Cant wait! Thanks AUBIE.
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: Sonoma Championship Recap and Video 9 years, 5 months ago #18514

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
Jim it was enjoyable running door to door with you AGAIN!!! great racing. Key Huey thanks for the prices so know Jim will have HD video.

Re: Sonoma Championship Recap and Video 9 years, 5 months ago #18528

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Not much you can do in that situation Jim. Even if you got on the brakes he may have still collected you.

But getting hit after the first contact is a full rookie move on his part. You were lucky to stay out of the walls.

Your line looks to be much improved.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Sonoma Championship Recap and Video 9 years, 5 months ago #18543

The start of the race on Friday. A good battle with Hicks. I had him for a few turns. youtu.be/j8UQiUtg7BE

Sorry I did not get a chance to say goodbye to everyone. My wife had already left to return her rental car and I had to pick her up at the airport.
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds