Username Password: Remember me

1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th - SOLD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th - SOLD

1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th - SOLD 13 years, 1 month ago #10297

• MSparks
  • Drivers Ed
***Sold - Previous owner purchased car back***

Hi all, I am a San Diego PCA member who was in the process of building a spec car and have since changed direction. Difficult decision to make as most of the parts have been purchased and I could begin to smell the finished product.

'88 car with straight panels. Fresh head and timing belt done by Comeau Racing in February 2010. Approximately 1,000 miles since that time including two track events (San Diego autocross). The cat has been removed and the engine pulls strongly. Has the original short 5th, shifts flawlessly. Interior carpets, rear seat, passenger seat, interior door panels, doorhandles, fog/driving lights, and center console have been removed (the interior black door panels and center console are included in sale should the buyer desire). Obviously still a lot of weight to be removed from the car.

Mirrors, windows, heater, lights, sunroof motor, cruise are all still operable. 16 inch sewer lids with 205/55 (front) and 225/55 (rear) Potenzas with 80% or more tread left. Original factory paint with the exception of hood, headlamp pieces, and roof which have all been sprayed in a low gloss black.

It has relatively new Weltmeister sways front and rear that were only mounted in March of 2010.

Collateral information: Registration paid through October 2011. Car has been in southern California its entire life. Originally purchased at Alan Johnson in Point Loma, records include the window sticker from that purchase.

Now the disclosures:

The car does not have any evidence of accidents minus the one I was in just two weeks ago (first time, was not thrilled). Bumped a mini van at a stop sign at approx. 5 to 10 mph. You can see the bumper is crooked in the first picture, this has been pulled out straight.
The Recaro passenger seat does not come with the car, nor does the steering wheel/adapter. An original leather wrapped 944 wheel in nice condition will be included in the sale.

I am looking for $2,000 for the car.

I have additional parts available that I will list separately such as 4 late phoneys (xlnt condition), Brey-Krause harness bar, adjustable Koni's, rotors, Porterfield pads, Momo wheel adapter, etc. I would be happy to put a package deal together for the parts and the car for the right price.
Last Edit: 13 years ago by MSparks.

Re: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th 13 years ago #10575

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
Is the car still available?
How many miles are on the chassis?
What (if any) sway bars are included if I were to opt out of the Weltmeister bars?
How much extra for the phone dials? Are they 7x15"?
Any idea what diameter rear torsion bars are on the car?
Could I get more pictures? Possibly the VIN?
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)

Re: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th 13 years ago #10590

• MSparks
  • Drivers Ed
Yes, car is available. One person coming tomorrow to look.
Approx. 197K on the chassis.
I can put stock sways back on if you do not want the Welts.
I sold the phone dials today.
To my knowledge the factory torsions remain (23.5mm).
VIN: WPOAB0941JN472541
Let me know what other angles or areas you would like photographed and I will take care of it.

Thanks.

Re: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th 13 years ago #10595

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
Welt swaybars would be my preference - I would buy the car with them left on. No sweat on the phone dials. Maybe a shot from the top down, one of the engine compartment, and one more of each side head on? If the car is still available, I am interested - trouble would be that I'm not going to be able to get out to CA until the first week in June - this looks like a great car, I would imagine that you could sell it by then. If not, I'll be getting a hold of you and seeing about a show and tell - hopefully a buy. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)

Re: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th 13 years ago #10600

• MSparks
  • Drivers Ed
No problem, I will take some additional shots for you this weekend. I too would prefer the Welts stay on the car and would be thrilled if this car went to a Spec member or PCA member. June? Who knows, quite possible as out of 3 posts (944 Spec, Pelican, Craigslist), I have only had about 4 real inquiries on the car! I will keep you posted.

Re: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th 13 years ago #10607

I'm very interested too. if it does not sell. I'm looking to start 944 spec racing. please email me if car is still there. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Thanks

JoJo
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds