Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th - SOLD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th - SOLD

Re: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th 13 years ago #10619

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
Thanks for the info - I am happy to take the Welts on the car (if its still around when I get out there) if you haven't sold it, I'd love to try to stop by and take a look.

I can relate to the challenges of selling a track car - I currently have an '87 944S that is a street legal DE/TT car that I've learned on for the last couple years. Now I need an 8 valve car to start building up for the Spec series - hopefully with a license by September. Trying to sell a good track car is proving to be pretty tough - most inquiries I get rarely get far.

Good luck with the sell - if the car goes before I get a chance to stop by, no hard feelings!
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)

Re: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th 13 years ago #10631

Actually, all you need is an 8 valve motor. You might be better off selling the 16V motor and DME, and buying an 8V motor to put in your S. S chassis are Spec legal.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th 13 years ago #10632

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
I thought about that too - my brother has done the same thing with an 87 944S we had w/ a blown head gasket - I think the car is worth more as a package, to be honest. I put in 951 Cup suspension, coilovers, stiff springs, yadda yadda on it and I'd rather just see it all go to someone looking to DE that needs an inexpensive way to start. So far, the only inquiries I've had are people looking for street cars - they take one look at the specs and decide that its not what they want.

I could be wrong though - I'll have to look into what I might be able to get out of the motor, interior, suspension, etc a la carte - might be worth the hassle.
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)

Re: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th 13 years ago #10633

Hi there,

Fellow PCA SDR member here. I could use an extra set of Porterfields, if you still have them. Contact me here or on the sdr website. Cheers

M

Re: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th 13 years ago #10635

• MSparks
  • Drivers Ed
Hi Greg,

Sorry that I have not gotten you additional pictures. I have some prospective buyers tomorrow and if they do not work out I will be sure to make good and deliver you more pictures.

Cheers,

Matt

Re: 1988 944 with fresh head and short 5th 13 years ago #10636

• MSparks
  • Drivers Ed
Thanks for your inquiry on the Porterfields. I just sold them today.

Regards,

Matt
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds