Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

'83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K

'83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K 12 years, 8 months ago #11413

On craigslist: sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2566506519.html

I emailed with the guy a bit and he seems straightforward. I was mostly interested in the gearbox but it is was verified as an early mounting type and I have a late. Also, I don't really have the room or time for a parts car.

Re: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K 12 years, 8 months ago #11414

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
You can use the early box if you change the brackets, you just wont have a speedo cable
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K 12 years, 8 months ago #11415

I'm pretty sure you have to swap the whole case. The late trans has mountings for the early bracket but not the other way around.

I'm pulling the diff out of my damaged trans this weekend and plan to put it in one of my spares. We'll see how that goes.

Re: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K 12 years, 8 months ago #11416

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Ah - shows what i know. I always thought the difference was only in the speedo connection.
Another reason to run an early car
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K 12 years, 8 months ago #11421

944Racer72 wrote:
I'm pretty sure you have to swap the whole case. The late trans has mountings for the early bracket but not the other way around.

I'm pulling the diff out of my damaged trans this weekend and plan to put it in one of my spares. We'll see how that goes.

Not really, The flanges are still there to install the late mounts on the early case. Worse case is you may need to drill a hole.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K 12 years, 8 months ago #11422

That's interesting, I've always heard differently.
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds