Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

'83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K

Re: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K 12 years, 7 months ago #11485

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
Maybe I'm crazy, but isn't the speedo driven off of the left front wheel hub on early cars?
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)

Re: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K 12 years, 7 months ago #11486

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
You are crazy, but you're correct, they are cable driven.
-Aaron

Re: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K 12 years, 7 months ago #11487

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Not going to speculate on your sanity but yes - the speedo on an early car is driven by a cable running through the Drivers side spindle.

Steve has a late car and was looking at installing an early transmission
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K 12 years, 7 months ago #11490

• Big Dog
  • Banned
The issue of mounting brings up a real issue in all parts of life, including 944-Spec racing.

There is lots of "opinions" out there that are stated as "fact" by some. At the end of the day, this forum seems to be a good place to get past the so called "experts" that can spread erroneous information.

Perhaps that is a sticky topic on correcting miss-conceptions that circulate out here in the real world. It could be by issue and help clear up differences between the various years. I only have 88 cars (to simplify my life ) but do know that confusion abounds throughout the group because of different model years. Many of the differences have been addressed individually and collecting them into one place might be a great service for many.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K 12 years, 7 months ago #11493

I just went out and compared my early trans to one of my late trans and I can confirm that the early trans DOES NOT have any means to mount the late style trans mount. The bosses for the late mount are completely missing on the early style trans.

I'm not saying you couldn't make something work but it isn't as easy as drilling a hole. I think you'd have to fabricate an adapter.

Re: '83 Parts car or cheap spec cand w/ LSD N.CAL $1K 12 years, 7 months ago #11494

By the way, that parts car is off the market. The owner decided to keep it.
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds