1984 944 with recent work NOT running Austin
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1984 944 with recent work NOT running Austin

1984 944 with recent work NOT running Austin 11 years, 6 months ago #13951

• MikeS
  • Drivers Ed
SOLD

I'm going to call this a "pivot" into another direction. Though the root of the problem is that I'm simply not a Porsche guy. American thunder for me.

1984 Porsche 944. Guards red. Mileage unknown as the odo was apparently replaced by a previous owner. Easy part out value of $1500 based on the bolded items below so that's the asking.

I originally bought this to build into a track car but decided to go another direction after blowing the head gasket. Apparently the head gasket was going and I didn't watch the temps so the car overheated, and that was that.

Within the hundred miles before this happened, I went through the car with a fine-toothed comb. Suspension was completely freshened including adjustable Koni Yellows, new bushings, ball joints, etc. New radiator. New brakes all around (including at least the front rotors and IIRC the rears as well). Many other items were handled as well. I spent a silly amount of money and time on all of this.

I did not go inside the engine.

I have all parts to complete the head gasket repair though the block should probably be shaved as part of the rebuild. The head is rebuilt and is in good condition. Top of the engine is currently off.

Fuchs wheels, nearly brand new Hankook Ventus RS-3 tires.

Comes with a box of 944 goodies. Various small and larger parts.

Also have a near-complete second engine (also needs a rebuild) for additional cost.

Paint on hood and roof needs a respray. Interior is in good condition though the dash is cracked, as on most of these cars. You might get a few bucks out of interior parts if you're so inclined.

You tow away. PM with questions.
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by MikeS.

Re: 1984 944 with recent work NOT running Austin 11 years, 6 months ago #14062

• MikeS
  • Drivers Ed
OK. Will part out.

Anyone want any of the following?

Fuchs wheels/RS-3 tires with ~50 miles on tires? Staggered 7/8 or 8/9. Don't remember which.

Radiator. Installed but as new.

Koni Yellow adjustables. Installed but as new.

Motor in need of a rebuild. Two of them.

Etc?

PM with interest. Or email marketingmike at yahoo dot com.

Re: 1984 944 with recent work NOT running Austin 11 years, 5 months ago #14591

• MikeS
  • Drivers Ed
$1K takes everything. You haul. email marketingmike at yahoo dot com with interest.

Re: 1984 944 with recent work NOT running Austin 11 years, 5 months ago #14658

Wow, if was in Texas (or anywhere near)...
Someone help this guy out!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: 1984 944 with recent work NOT running Austin 11 years, 5 months ago #14690

• MikeS
  • Drivers Ed
All I want for Thanksgiving is this stuff out of my driveway/garage. Help!

Re: 1984 944 with recent work NOT running Austin 10 years, 9 months ago #16245

Is this still available? If so can you send pics to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
thank
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds