Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

1988 Porsche 944 Spec_ SOLD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1988 Porsche 944 Spec_ SOLD

1988 Porsche 944 Spec_ SOLD 9 years, 7 months ago #18080

1988 Porsche 944 Spec _ 924S _ SP1 _ NASA & PCA Logbooks

PDF with full specs drive.google.com/file/d/0B0TTDuCz7uk4OEp...LVE/edit?usp=sharing

Album of pictures and videos plus.google.com/photos/10506718922558368...hkey=CJHf5siDp-jmlgE

Best offer starting at $6,999. Feel free to email or call. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it 612-225-3090. Please, no PMs.

So I'm lined up to buy another car with the cash from this sale at an exceptional price. As such, I'm willing to accept $6,999 if this sale is finalized by this Saturday, September 27th by 1pm CDT. For those buyers from out of state, I'm willing to store the car for at least 30 days until you can arrange for delivery or pickup.

IS THIS CAR FAST & CAPABLE?
Absolutely. This car has wins at B.I.R, Road America, Topeka, Hasting Motorsports Park, Highplains Raceway. There are zero known issues or leaks. Weighing in at about 2,400 lbs with a half-tank of gas, this 924s is very quick. In fact, this car is typically among the fastest in a straight line.

DID THE JACKASS(ES) WHO PREPPED THIS CAR KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING?
Most definitely. I bought this quality racecar in 2009 from a well known, in the Minneapolis area, racer and performance Porsche parts dealer that supported racers here. He did the initial prep and knows these cars as well as anybody. As for me, this is the second Spec 944 I’ve owned, and I’ve maintained that same level of detail and precision as the first owner did. I have babied the car, including a new clutch and rebuilt engine. It has logbooks for both PCA and NASA and is READY TO RACE.

WHY A 924S AND NOT A 944?
If you ask me, the 924S is faster. The 924S races in the Spec 944 family in the same class. The real advantage is that the chassis is fast – more slender and aerodynamic. Also, it blends the best of both the early and late 944 platforms – aluminum trailing arms with steel a-arms, replaceable ball joints, 1988 engine, etc.

Professionally Rebuilt 1988 Engine with low miles, see PDF for full specs
-External oil cooler
-trap door oil pan baffle to prevent pump starvation on hard turns
-Glyco bearings
-Goetz rings
-Victor Rienz seals
-new fuel hoses

Interior
-Carriage House Custom cage with IMSA door bars, Brey Krause Seat bracket built into cage
-Clean interior with custom Aluminum Dash, oil temperature and pressure gauge
-Lexan window
-Window nets on both doors

Transmission
-Limited Slip Differential (LSD) differential
-Short 5th gear
-Replaced clutch

Full 944 spec suspension with adjustable camber plates
-968 Sway bars front & rear
-Hollow torsion bars
-Delrin bushings in front a-arms
-Manual steering rack
-Koni shocks, coil over kit, 375# springs

Built to 944 spec rules: suspension, kill switch, cage, etc

INCLUDING TRANSPONDER!!

WHAT ABOUT SPARES?
Well, I’m throwing in tons of goodies. Here’s a partial list.
-Wheels - extra set of phone dials.
-Radiator
-A-arms
-Steering rack
-Misc - starter, brake master cylinder, hoses, fuses, rod bearings

ITEMS REPLACED WHEN ORIGINALLY PREPPED BY FIRST OWNER
Hoses, rod bearings, water pump, belts, belt rollers, clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, clutch slave cylinder, clutch cylinder, motor mounts, CV joints, wheel bearings, fuel filter, brake calipers rebuilt, new brake rotors, new steering shaft with new u-joints, mechanical steering rack, new tie rod ends, new starter, 10.2 CR pistons, reference sensors, low temp thermostat, new oil pressure relief valve, new a-arms, new ball joints, hood struts, Spark plug wires, Spark plugs, Rotor, Distributor cap

WHY TRUST ME?
I will setup an eBay auction to help manage the transaction. Note that the AutoCheck Vehicle History Report checks out for zero accidents, good title in my name, etc - all are "good." Also, eBay Motors guarantees that you receive the car you paid for. I'm also happy to provide references from either PCA or NASA.

Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by Andrew Cox.

Re: 1988 Porsche 944 Spec_924S_SP1_NASA & PCA Logbooks 9 years, 7 months ago #18106

Some more pics showing the cage and Brey Krause seat brace.

Re: 1988 Porsche 944 Spec_924S_SP1_NASA & PCA Logbooks 9 years, 7 months ago #18122

I setup an eBay auction to help manage the transaction. Note that the AutoCheck Vehicle History Report checks out for accidents, title, and ownership - all are "good." Also, eBay Motors purchases guarantees that you receive the car you paid for. I'm also happy to provide references from either PCA or NASA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221549573930?forcerRptr=true&item=221549573930&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123

Re: 1988 Porsche 944 Spec_924S_SP1_$7900 9 years, 7 months ago #18144

The active auction I had listed on eBay has now expired, but I can certainly re-list it to manage the transaction.

Re: 1988 Porsche 944 Spec_924S_SP1_$7500 **New Price** 9 years, 6 months ago #18153

So I'm lined up to buy another car with the cash from this sale at an exceptional price. As such, I'm willing to accept $6,999 if this sale is finalized by this Saturday, September 27th by 1pm CDT. For those buyers from out of state, I'm willing to store the car for at least 30 days until you can arrange for delivery or pickup.
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds