Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

1983 Porsche 944 SpecCar w/rebuilt 88 motor NorCal
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1983 Porsche 944 SpecCar w/rebuilt 88 motor NorCal

1983 Porsche 944 SpecCar w/rebuilt 88 motor NorCal 7 years, 6 months ago #21136

I am selling NorCal #38 yellow Transformer 944 Spec racing car. This car has everything you can do to it and keep it legal except for short 5th gear and limited slip. Never been in an accident on the track but did get hit on the left rear while on my trailer. I have pics for this.

This is a 1983 Porsche 944 body with a completely rebuilt 1988 high compression motor. Has cross drilled oil journals on the crankshaft and oil pan baffle. Turbo oil cooler. New fuel line kit and injector seal kit. This motor is not just a quick swap.

Koni shocks all around with adjustable suspension on the front with 400 lb springs. Adjustable camber plates. 30 mm torsion bar. Weltmeister front and rear adjustable swayers. Strut tower brace. Newer bushings installed. New tie rods. New stainless brake lines. Hawk blue brake pads front and Hawk HP+ rears. ATE brake rotors.

Rebuilt torque tube. New Clutchnet 6 puck kevlar disc. Factory manual steering. Autopower bolt in roll cage with custom welded driver's side double brace as well as front cross brace by TC Designs. Momo Pole Position race seat with seat back brace. Fire suppression system for engine and interior as well as fire extinguisher. Sparco steering wheel with quick release. Comes with expired seat harness and nets so these need to be changed before racing otherwise great for everything else.

The car is aligned and corner balanced by Edge Motorworks. Race seat is reinforced and securely mounted. Car weighs about 2,630 lbs after a race with a 200lb driver and maybe 1 or 2 gallons of gas. Brand new lightweight battery. Hard wired transponder. Etc. Car currently has a set of Toyo R888 tires. Comes with an additional 7 Cookie Cutter wheels.

I am sure there are lots of other things that I forgot to mention but this car is ready to race with just changing out the nets and seat harness. Comes with a log book which shows this car was only in a total of 12 weekends. The motor was rebuilt and only had 1 race weekend. Last time out on the track was 3/21/2010. Car is always stored indoors and started once a month.
Attachments:
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics
Last Edit: 7 years, 5 months ago by Litespeeds. Reason: Sold

Re: 1983 Porsche 944 SpecCar w/rebuilt 88 motor NorCal 7 years, 6 months ago #21137

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Ad posted to the class facebook page. GLWS, hope I can help you find a buy over in my region.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: 1983 Porsche 944 SpecCar w/rebuilt 88 motor NorCal 7 years, 5 months ago #21181

Thanks everyone for your interest but this car is sold as of 11/1/2016.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re: 1983 Porsche 944 SpecCar w/rebuilt 88 motor NorCal 7 years, 5 months ago #21183

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Where is it going?
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: 1983 Porsche 944 SpecCar w/rebuilt 88 motor NorCal 7 years, 5 months ago #21185

New owner is in Fresno so he can race in NorCal and SoCal.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re: 1983 Porsche 944 SpecCar w/rebuilt 88 motor NorCal 6 years, 6 months ago #21888

is car sold? please text 469-442-5511
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds