Username Password: Remember me

1988 924S SP2 car for sale - Northeast -$6000
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1988 924S SP2 car for sale - Northeast -$6000

1988 924S SP2 car for sale - Northeast -$6000 6 years, 10 months ago #21729

• JP66
  • Drivers Ed
EDIT (8/3/17): New price is $6000 firm no haggling buyer pays for delivery. New price does not include a drivers seat and only the set of wheels and tires currently on the car which have only 1 heat cycle and 8 laps at WGI.

I affectionately call this car the Ugly Duckling. The body has numerous battle scars BUT the heart of this car is that of a lion and the guts are second to none. I bought this car last year with the plan to make it my "learning platform". I spared no expense to make everything right mechanically but left the exterior untouched. My loss your gain is that I have decided I would rather race something that drives more like my Cayman R so I bought an F class race car and now have 2 race cars which is one too many.

Current PCA logbook since I just raced at the Glen with video below.

2.7L Rothmann engine rebuilt by Bodymotion in 2013 less than 20 hours TT
AIM G-Dash with Evo 4 data logger
4L SPA Automatic Foam Fire suppression system
Tarett Engineering Swaybar and Drop link
Koni adjustable shocks
1 set of wheels with new Hoosiers
wide view mirror
custom dead pedal
new fuel line
new rotors front and rear with one race
Serpentine belt
distributor
ignition wires
plugs
4 new wheel bearings
2 new axles

and much more just too much to list and all work done professionally by Speed Sport Tuning of Danbury, CT which is where the car is now. In addition the car was driven and adjusted by Van Svenson and Simon Kirkby to optimize the setup.

Mind you I'm a rookie and don't ask why I was in the back of the pack for this race even though I qualified 5th of 12 in warmups, but I think you can see this car has what it takes to be VERY competitive. Data shows I was WAY under utilizing the tires and the car has an easy 2 secs better time in it and that is off my best time which is not shown in the video but was 2:20.2. Most importantly people say "the car is ready to race" when in fact it needs new harness or new belts or new extinguishers, but not this car. I just raced 2 weekends ago. Buy this car, put in a seat and harness, and race next weekend.

Joe (914)-656-5418 This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

https://youtu.be/59rZhxbOQEw

Last Edit: 6 years, 8 months ago by JP66.

Re: 1988 924S SP2 car for sale - Northeast -$6000 6 years, 8 months ago #21805

• JP66
  • Drivers Ed
Sold. Thanks everyone.
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds