Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

ITS Porsche 944 '99 NARRC Champ $8K
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: ITS Porsche 944 '99 NARRC Champ $8K

ITS Porsche 944 '99 NARRC Champ $8K 15 years, 2 months ago #3479

Okay, here it is. Out of the garage and up for sale. This is your winter/spring project car. Car is disassembled and with a small bit of body work will be more car than you can handle when back on the track.

It won the 1999 NARRC Championship, set multiple track records and was THE CAR to beat back in the day. Then I took it to the IT Runoffs in Atlanta. Car was hit with a slight left front and rear body damage and a slight bend in the left front frame rail. Car has been in storage since then.

This car was one of the two original PROJECTS RACING 944 cars a detailed in the 1993 European Car magazine. It was an original non-sunroof chassis. Roll cage is a masterpiece. Custom designed fuel cell. Custom bending blade front sway bar. Custom rear sway bar. All spherical joint rear suspension. Koni rear shocks. Bilstein front upgraded shocks. Accusump oiling system. New windshield. Custom driver door lexan window insert. Custom shock towers for camber adjustment. MANY other small tweaks.

The engine was totally rebuilt by Jon Millege for over $8K and the main and spare LSD transmissions were also rebuilt. Bills available. The engine was a pet project for Jon for 3 seasons and he developed many tweaks on this engine. He will admit that it is the highest powered legal ITS engine he ever produced. It sits in my garage with only dyno time. Dyno sheets available.

So your challenge is to put this legendary car back together and drive it to it's full potential.

Car has SCCA, PCA and Vintage logbooks

Pictures on my 944 Gallery at Improved Touring.com
http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/album.php?u=7412

The price includes EVERYTHING I own that I used to race this car as well as maintenance spares.
Spares:
4 sets of cookie cutter rims
Spare rebuilt LSD transmission
Two new painted front fenders to complete car
Extra right front fender as used in excellent condition
gutted, dipped right front door
spare rear trailing arms
Shop Manuals(as required by SCCA)
Two large cargo boxes of spare maintenance parts
Rear muffler add on for db limited events

Please contact me to discuss package that I am reluctanly selling as you can imagine, but I must move on.
Jim Nichols in CT
Last Edit: 15 years, 2 months ago by Jim944Racer.

Re:ITS Porsche 944 '99 NARRC Champ $8K 15 years, 2 months ago #3480

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
neat car, just keep in mind that there are quite a few things that make this car not spec legal.

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re:ITS Porsche 944 '99 NARRC Champ $8K 15 years, 2 months ago #3481

Chris
Thanks for the legality input. Obviously, I have not kept up with the rules. Please let me know what is not legal on the car? Or should this car be qualified in another class.
Jim

Re:ITS Porsche 944 '99 NARRC Champ $8K 15 years, 2 months ago #3482

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Would you be willing to sell one set of the cookie cutter spares? I need another set of cookies for my Spec car. Thanks.

Joel
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds