Username Password: Remember me

1988 944 $3500
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1988 944 $3500

1988 944 $3500 15 years, 1 month ago #4123

• drew944
  • Drivers Ed
This car could be a great start for someone or used for parts, just whatever you wanted.
$3500 Firm
I bought this car Nov. 2007 and have really enjoyed driving it, but am wanting something else. The car is an 88 Celebration Edition in Zermatt Silver. It was built to be an autocross/DE car, but was autocrossed very little. It has been daily driven so it is not strictly an autocross car. It is quite a bit faster than a stock 944, being that it is an 88 and it has been modified. You really need to drive it to experience what I am talking about. I have autocrossed it once since I bought it and enjoyed the experience. The mileage is around 137,000. I say around because the Odometer has not worked for about six months in conjunction with the speedometer. In January 2008 the ring gear bit the dust while I was pulling out into an intersection. I picked up a used transaxle and while swapping it out, I broke the speedometer sending unit. The speedometer has been fixed since then, but the odometer just stopped working. The car is not getting driven much, maybe once a week right now. It has been converted from an automatic to a manual by the previous owner, as well as a list of modifications. The timing belt was changed the weekend after I bought the car, so it has about 10,000 miles on it. Coolant system was just flushed. In the pictures, the folding back for the back seat is not in the car, but I have it and am happy to put it back in the car for the buyer. Also, I had the car inspected in December to make sure nothing was on the brink of breaking and it passed with flying colors.

Here are the modifications:
Koni sports on all 4 Corners
Turbo S front control arms
Turbo S front sway
968 M030 adjustable rear sway
250 lb Weltmeister autocross springs
Turbo torsion bars
951 head
Super Chips chip
Jacob's ignition
Throttle response cam
Flow Master muffler
After market exhaust tip
After market sport seats and Bride steering wheel
Weltmeister harness bar with Driver's side harness
K/N air filter
968 caster blocks
16" Boxster rims painted black
951 rear valance
Turbo radiator
968 antenna
Also, some other smaller things have been done that I can't remember
I also have the old transmission that will come with the car, it has a different gearset in it than the one that is in the car. The R+P is shot, but the gears are fine.

The Bad: The paint is peeling on the tops of the fenders. There is a small amount of oil leaking from the front seals. Not much, but I just want whoever to be aware. The shift boot is starting on the downhill slope. By that, I mean the leather on the top of the shifter is starting to come off. The sunroof tilts, but it doesn't come out like it should. AC has been converted to R134, but I have never charged it but the compressor comes on fine. The tachometer doesn't go above 4200 RPMs even though the engine revs freely above that. Also, it leaks a little bit of water when it rains. There are never puddles or anything like that, but when it rains the passenger side floor carpet is wet.

Pictures at rides.webshots.com/album/570002726kvZuVs
Car is in Apison, TN which is 10 min from Chattanooga
You can call me at 423-827-3367
Last Edit: 15 years ago by drew944.
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds