Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

FS - 2008 944Spec Nationals Champ. Car
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: FS - 2008 944Spec Nationals Champ. Car

FS - 2008 944Spec Nationals Champ. Car 14 years, 12 months ago #4326

Due to personal circumstances, I have to sell my 944Spec car. I recently purchased it from Eric - it was the car he won Nationals in last year.

1988 car. Includes short 5th gear. Everything in it mechanically was new/redone 2007. It had a new motor, new clutch, new Tarret antisway bars, custom weld in cage, newly rebuilt trans with low -mileage LSD, new paint in 2008. It also has custom Delrin bushings all around that were turned on a lathe by VFC. It also has a custom aluminum dash. It weighs 2570 with me in it, low on fuel (it's light). Ballast as you need to with fuel. New clutch and torque tube being installed right now. Includes 3 sets of wheels and R888 tires - one set just used one rain day, other set has about 4 heat cycles, last set is full tread but sat in garage below freezing so recommend they be replaced. Also includes full set of replacement rotors and pads. Also a wired in transponder. Cool shirt is wired in, though I have listed that for sale separately.

Will include a basic but functional open trailer with removable fenders (with new ramps, new storage box, new bearings and good rubber).

Open to offers. Paid $13.8, plus seat/wheel/harness. Plus trailer and spares, etc. But very open to offers. I'm in ND, car is currently in IL. I can deliver it anywhere.

Re:FS - 2008 944Spec Nationals Champ. Car 14 years, 12 months ago #4331

Great car - Pro-built & fully delveloped, and all NEW!

I had planned on keeping it, and building my current car to sell, but Rob wanted a fully sorted car, so I sold him this one, and built the new one for myself. This car has better equipment (Tarret bars, more custom Delrin bushings), than my current car. Buy it and drive to win from day #1. No upcoming maintenance, or questionable parts. You will not find a more developed or complete 944 Spec car.

This car has had everyting done, and everything is fresh in the last year - motor, trans clutch and torque tube all have less than 1/2 season since being replaced or gone through. Even the paint was done late last year!

It took a while to sort this car out, but it is now done - not only turn-key, but good for a couple of years maintenance-wise. Don't underestimate the cost savings this represents!

Pic from Road America:

Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:FS - 2008 944Spec Nationals Champ. Car 14 years, 12 months ago #4339

• AwsmC2
  • Drivers Ed
I'm looking to buy a 944 SP2 car and want to know if your car fits in that class. Please email me with details and pictures of your car.
Thanks, Dave Bassett, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re:FS - 2008 944Spec Nationals Champ. Car 14 years, 11 months ago #4359

This would be an Sp1 prep car in PCA terms
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd

Re:FS - 2008 944Spec Nationals Champ. Car 14 years, 11 months ago #4386

• AwsmC2
  • Drivers Ed
I am very interested in this car even though I mentioned I was looking for a SP2. Would the owner please contact me.
Thanks, Dave Bassett - This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re:FS - 2008 944Spec Nationals Champ. Car 14 years, 11 months ago #4390

Dave,

Email sent
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds