Username Password: Remember me

'88 944 - CA Car with fresh head
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: '88 944 - CA Car with fresh head

'88 944 - CA Car with fresh head 14 years, 1 month ago #6977

• MSparks
  • Drivers Ed
I picked this up in October to build a new spec car as my previous car had an unfortunate incident with a k-rail. I came into this car and another chassis about the same time and although it was a difficult decision, this '88 is now up for grabs.

History:

- Car was purchased here locally at Alan Johnson. Original invoice reflects the owner's preference for 16" 928 wheels. In addition to the wheel upgrade, car came well equipped with leather and ABS. Not relevant but interesting to note that the trade in for this '88 was a 1984 Corvette with the balance financed at the then current rate of 12%! Ouch.

From what I have pieced together from receipts and records, I appear to be the 4th owner. 1st owner had it until '06.

- Car was not running upon purchase. I didn't mind as I was mainly interested in the chassis and short 5th. Inspection reflected a broken belt even though previous owner had replaced within 12 months. We found a loose bolt in the cam gear housing that wedged between the gear and housing and appeared to have brought the assembly to an immediate stop which corroborated previous owner's story that car was idling at stop light and "just shut down".

- We pulled the head and sent out for machining, new valves, pressure test. Comeau Racing buffed pistons clean, installed fresh head, timing belt, counter balance belt in February 2010. Car idles well and pulls strongly in all gears. Less than 100 miles (2 trips to office) on this fresh head.

- Depending upon buyer's intention, car will need the following:

1. Driver's front shock
2. Front seats upholstered (existing units are rough)
3. New odometer gear (clock shows 197,512 and records show 194,999 during smog check in 3/09)
4. Windshield has a 3 inch crack in passenger's side top corner. Begins at top and curves around to end at top. It is strange, I didn't notice this upon purchase. May not be an issue but needs to be listed.
5. Drips oil to the tune of a quarter in size. I have not looked under to see where it is coming from but I noticed 3 spots on the garage floor towards the front of the engine.
6. Paint looks nice in the pictures but the hood, roof, and front header will need to be sprayed.

Car's positives, again, depending upon buyer's intentions:

1. Fresh head and belts
2. Clean pistons
3. Short 5th
4. Potenza tires have approx. 3,000 miles
5. A/C blows and blows cold. First Porsche I have owned that has working A/C.
6. Cruise control works
7. All electrical in order and works
8. Factory ABS
9. All body panels in great shape with factory gaps.

I am looking for $3,000. Feel free to email me with any questions.
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds