Username Password: Remember me

WTB- Cookie Cutter Wheels and LSD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: WTB- Cookie Cutter Wheels and LSD

WTB- Cookie Cutter Wheels and LSD 15 years, 11 months ago #1428

• spec28
  • Junior Racer
Does anybody have a spare set of cookie cutters for my '84 they would like to sell?

Also need a LSD
Dean S.

Re:WTB- Cookie Cutter Wheels and LSD 15 years, 11 months ago #1432

Dean the LSD is nice to have, but I have run without one for 5 years. I still do pretty well so while it certainly helps you can get by for a lone time with a open diff and good set-up.

So if you fine one great, but don't go nuts looking for one.

As for cookies. I have 3 sets of wheels and it is handy. I recommend at least 2 sets. One to have worn tires on and another with a fresher set. This just about required to ensure you get maximum life from the tires and have a spare set. I like a 3rd set to let the car sit on old tires at home or have a set ready for rain use.

Still 2 sets are a minium. You can also run early offset phone dials on an 84. Some say they are heavier, but I don't know they really make any differents. Remember the later offset guys have to run phone dials as those are the only ones that fit their cars.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:WTB- Cookie Cutter Wheels and LSD 15 years, 11 months ago #1482

• spec28
  • Junior Racer
Thanks for the info, Joe. Do you know where to get wheels locally?
is this forum the best place to communicate with the local 944 guys, or do they connect somewhere else?
It would be handy to know who has what to buy, sell or swap amongst each of us.

I've got a pair of Bilstein strut inserts for the re-buildable strut, and Weltmeister 250# coils I'd like to sell. I think they are about 6 mos old.

Thanks again,

Dean
Dean S.

Re:WTB- Cookie Cutter Wheels and LSD 15 years, 11 months ago #1483

Not alot of Az guys visit the forums.
Even so most won't have extra cookies for sale here as we tend to keep them for ourselves.

Best place to look for cookies is ebay and rennlist if you want cheap and have time. Local junkyards like 20th steet auto have parts, but demand has increased due to our class so prices are not quite the bargin they were years ago.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds