Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Buyer Beware, Scammed by Luis Artiga of Bell, CA
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Buyer Beware, Scammed by Luis Artiga of Bell, CA

Buyer Beware, Scammed by Luis Artiga of Bell, CA 11 years, 6 months ago #14419

This is the kind of thread I hoped I won't have to write. However, my situation with this guy has gotten ridiculous and I am feel I should at least try to warn other potential Buyers away.

In August 2012, I ordered a number of items from Luis Artiga who goes under Lart951 on the forum. I sent him full payment as agreed by August 10th, 2012. As of today, I have not received anything from this guy - including my refund which I asked for at least a month ago.

I have had every stupid excuse from this guy. First, he claimed the issue was shipping. He claims a Shipper / Freight Forwarder came to collect contents for a Pallet. Amazingly, he claims to have gotten an update from the Shipper including email, yet he has never been able to provide me the Shipper's information.

I have done business enough times to know this is all BS. Like many others, I got the usual pictures of the so-called parts but nothing else.

I have had every excuse in the book from this guy. Death in the family, weddings, hurricane Sandy, etc. Now his phone number does not work... or he is refusing phone calls. I only get responses to my email when I call him out. Anyway... I am calling him out here and I hope no one else has to deal with this guy.

I have seen various other threads about this guy and some people claim to have received items they purchased from him, while a some people seem to have been screwed out of their money. It has been a combination of either not getting their items, getting it bad condition or waiting for hell to freeze over before they receive their items.

All I am here to tell anyone is there are other more credible and better Sellers out there - do not patronize this guy unless you just want headaches.

At one point he had an ebay store under the same Lart951 name, but this has since been shut down due to similar activity. He always comes up with some crazy reason for things. I used to be able to pull that store up, but I think ebay has deleted it now. There was a ton of negative feed back on there.

He now has a new store on ebay under the name - Larts_Porsche_Parts

There is already negative feedback on the newer store with similar complaints about this guy. Lart's defense is that he has been doing this for over 5 years and has sold a ton of Porsche parts. How he has stayed in so-called business this long is beyond me.

As of today, he is asking that I file a Dispute via Paypal for something that is over 60 days old. This was my deposit to him. He seems to be in denial about most things.

I wish I had seen the other threads prior to dealing with Luis Artiga. Anyway, as I said, this thread is to warn anyone else who is thinking of dealing with this guy. He has never kept his word on anything - not even regarding getting back to me or updating me.

His information is:

Luis Artiga
Bell, California

Email he currently uses: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

This guy has many other aliases which I am finding out. He seems to lie through his teeth every time we communicate. He hasn't been on here in a while - probably because he owes a lot of people. He last logged in on 10 - 2- 12, but did not make any posts.

He sells mainly Porsche 944 parts and some 911 parts, which is why I am posting this here first. i will post in other areas just in case he rears his head again. Search his Bfc name or search "Luis Artiga" and you will come across some threads to confirm what I have said about this guy.

Buyer Beware!

As far as my current issue with him, I am going a different route now to sort this out myself. I will get this resolved
Last Edit: 11 years, 6 months ago by romney2012.

Re: Buyer Beware, Scammed by Luis Artiga of Bell, CA 11 years, 6 months ago #14434

• OmniGLH
  • Drivers Ed
Before anybody puts any thought into this guy's thread I'd recommend you hop over to RennList to check out feedback and stories from Luis.

forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/944-turbo...g-time-customer.html

This guy has been going to every forum he can to start problems. He's already been banned from RennList - my guess is that this is the same guy, based on the similar story popping up on 944Online.

Re: Buyer Beware, Scammed by Luis Artiga of Bell, CA 11 years, 5 months ago #14735

• Josh B
  • Drivers Ed
I can vouch for Lart as well. He has a been a contributing member on Rennlist for a long time.
87 951

Re: Buyer Beware, Scammed by Luis Artiga of Bell, CA 11 years, 5 months ago #14758

never had a problem with Lart- great guy in my book - sorry if you did have a legitimate issue with him.
"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting."

Follow my blog at danj944spec.wordpress.com/

Re: Buyer Beware, Scammed by Luis Artiga of Bell, CA 11 years, 5 months ago #14850

Seems kind of funny OP has posted the same and other slander remarks under various names about LART in other forums. Could it be that He is a "Competitor" of Lart???? I have had nothing but great dealings with Lart in the past and his prices are cheaper.
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds