Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

WTB: Short 5th Gear set
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: WTB: Short 5th Gear set

WTB: Short 5th Gear set 10 years, 5 months ago #16896

Hey guys, I grenaded my clutch during qualifying this Sunday and I will be replacing the rubber centered clutch with a new solid sprung hub piece. Since I will be dropping the transmission and torque tube to achieve this, I wanted to install the short fifth while everything is out of the car. The problem is that my internet searches have come up short and I'm not entirely sure what I need to complete the conversion.

Does anyone have a short 5th gear set they are willing to part with or know of somewhere I might procure such a thing?

I've heard bad things about cogscogs.com from a fellow racer and wanted to pursue other avenues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy
If you're not first, you're last!

-Abraham Lincoln

2014 944 Spec Regional Champion
2015 944 Spec Regional Champion

Re: WTB: Short 5th Gear set 10 years, 5 months ago #16899

Come on, Jeremy- you set the track record in your rookie race and you want to make your car even faster?

Take it easy on the rest of us!

NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: WTB: Short 5th Gear set 10 years, 5 months ago #16900

Just trying to raise the bar. Gonna take everything I got to be competitive in August. Hope to make a trip to Atlanta before then, maybe we can get out on the town then.

-Abraham Lincoln

Re: WTB: Short 5th Gear set FOR SALE 10 years, 4 months ago #17125

I have a short 5th set for sale on Ebay. Removed from my 88 NA 944 that has been upgraded to a LS1. I have installed a "long" 5th gear. Since I posted the ad I have found a pair of roller bearings.

Ebay # 281229095380
Last Edit: 10 years, 4 months ago by fliermike.

Re: WTB: Short 5th Gear set FOR SALE 10 years, 4 months ago #17141

Thanks for the heads up, I guess I'm a little slow on the draw and missed it. I'll keep looking.

-Abraham Lincoln

Re: WTB: Short 5th Gear set FOR SALE 10 years, 4 months ago #17161

• LVIINC
  • Drivers Ed
I believe I have one set of short 5th gears left in the trailer. Call me and we can talk about prices. Ray 815-544-8877
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds