Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Looking to possibly trade for a spec 944
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Looking to possibly trade for a spec 944

Re: Looking to possibly trade for a spec 944 9 years, 4 months ago #18920

Darn - I forgot to tell Joel about that! I never filled it above 1/2 tank and it would not do that. I never got around to fixing it. Call me at 864-404-5226 if you ever need to know anything else about the car. The only other issue that I know of is gas pedal retaining plastic on the back is broken and will need to be repaired to keep it from swinging forward on you.

Have you had it on the scales yet? You will be really pleased with the weight. In fact, it may need about 30-40lbs of ballast to get it legal, depending upon your weight.

Good luck with the car!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wera44

Re: Looking to possibly trade for a spec 944 9 years, 4 months ago #18922

• wera44
  • Junior Racer
michaelreich wrote:
Darn - I forgot to tell Joel about that! I never filled it above 1/2 tank and it would not do that. I never got around to fixing it. Call me at 864-404-5226 if you ever need to know anything else about the car. The only other issue that I know of is gas pedal retaining plastic on the back is broken and will need to be repaired to keep it from swinging forward on you.

Have you had it on the scales yet? You will be really pleased with the weight. In fact, it may need about 30-40lbs of ballast to get it legal, depending upon your weight.

Good luck with the car!

I got the gas problem fixed, the metal part of the filler neck had a pin hole in it. I also noticed the pedal problem at the track and have a new one coming. Im sure I'll have some questions later down the road so I appreciate the number. Im 6 ft 230 lbs and judging by the seat your a lot smaller so being fat may work out for once. Im looking forward to getting it out there, from the looks of it you built a great car.

Thank you
Jason

Re: Looking to possibly trade for a spec 944 9 years, 4 months ago #18923

yes, I am 5'8" 175#, so it may be perfect for you (though I cannot imagine how you got in that seat...)

I hope you win the championship with it!

Re: Looking to possibly trade for a spec 944 9 years, 4 months ago #18924

• wera44
  • Junior Racer
michaelreich wrote:
yes, I am 5'8" 175#, so it may be perfect for you (though I cannot imagine how you got in that seat...)

I hope you win the championship with it!

The seat was the first thing I took out of the car. No way could I have fit.

I'm just hoping to get out there and gain some experience this coming year. I have 10 years of racing motorcycles and some of it transfers over but I'm definitely more comfortable trying to go fast on a motorcycle than in a car.

Re: Looking to possibly trade for a spec 944 9 years, 4 months ago #18934

• wera44
  • Junior Racer
The car came with a SCCA logbook. Should I get the cars annual tech inspection done before I show up for the comp school or get it done at the track that weekend. If I get it inspected at one of the approved shops do they have the log books or do I get that from NASA? Just want to make the weekend as simple as possible. There are several shops listed in the Atlanta area is there one that's better than another?

Re: Looking to possibly trade for a spec 944 9 years, 4 months ago #18935

wera44 wrote:
The car came with a SCCA logbook. Should I get the cars annual tech inspection done before I show up for the comp school or get it done at the track that weekend. If I get it inspected at one of the approved shops do they have the log books or do I get that from NASA? Just want to make the weekend as simple as possible. There are several shops listed in the Atlanta area is there one that's better than another?

You could wait until the day of comp school to have your car teched but I wouldn't wait that long- definitely get it done beforehand so you have time to address any issues. I think you get a logbook when you take the completed tech form to NASA tech (it's been a few years so I'm not 100% certain).

We are planning on having a group 2015 tech day at the shack on MLK day- will have details posted soon.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds