Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Free Damaged 2.5L Block - Escondido (San Diego Co)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Free Damaged 2.5L Block - Escondido (San Diego Co)

Free Damaged 2.5L Block - Escondido (San Diego Co) 9 years, 3 months ago #19084

• ikazuchi
  • Comp School
This block was just cleaned up and made it 3 laps at Cal Speedway before a fueling issue caused a lean condition. Head gasket blew out and some piston melting occurred. When the pistons melted on the edges, they scored the walls a bit. A machinist eyeballed it and said it would need to be bored out so I replaced it.

Block comes with the matched balance shaft covers (but no shafts) and crank cradle (missing nuts).

It's free to a good home. Local pickup (Escondido, CA) only.
Maybe the machinist was wrong and it could be honed. Or bore it out for a non-Spec project.

If I don't get any hits on this by this weekend (1/24), it's going to the scrap yard so I can finally get it out of my garage.

mriesenberg at gmail dot com

Thanks- Marc

Re: Free Damaged 2.5L Block - Escondido (San Diego Co) 9 years, 3 months ago #19086

What tolerance group is it?

There is a "0", "1", or a "2" stamped on the top of the block next to the oil drain channel for each cylinder. That is the tolerance group.
#124, 1987 924S Spec racer
1988 Turbo S

Re: Free Damaged 2.5L Block - Escondido (San Diego Co) 9 years, 3 months ago #19093

• ikazuchi
  • Comp School
It is a group 1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yeti

Re: Free Damaged 2.5L Block - Escondido (San Diego Co) 9 years, 2 months ago #19116

• ikazuchi
  • Comp School
I've been busy/lazy and still have this if anybody wants it. Probably not going to do anything about it this weekend, but "probably" next.

Sad to see it melted down so somebody please take it! Or make it into a side-table or something...
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds