Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

'88 high compression DME computer & engine harness
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: '88 high compression DME computer & engine harness

'88 high compression DME computer & engine harness 14 years, 3 months ago #6674

Removed out of a '88 924 S w/ 87K miles, very good condition not brittle and VIRGIN NEVER opened computer. This is the 1 year only computer and wiring harness that makes it possible to not splice any wiring in a early 944. The 924 S harness is made for the early cars as you just have to plug and play. If using this harness in a 85 1/2 and later 944 you must splice the firewall part of the harness about 6 inches longer and install the right plug and pins. Or if you have a harness already that will work for your late car then you just need the DME or if you have an '88 pick up a spare computer! The 4 fuel injector connectors have been cut off and fresh headed with new connectors due to corrosion behind boots. Pictures do not reflect this but it has been done correctly.

Complete setup $300 for an additional $50 I can solder and add the right plug and pins to work in a '85 1/2 and later 944 chasiss.

Thanks

'89 944 Race car with '88 SPEC motor and 24hrs of lemons killer

'83 Euro, sunroof delete, LSD and way too much cool stuff to go into
Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by booostfeen.

Re:'88 high compression DME computer & engine harness 14 years, 3 months ago #6675

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but ...
I think you need the 88 vane air meter and the 88 injectors to make this work ... ?

Re:'88 high compression DME computer & engine harn 14 years, 3 months ago #6678

Good questions but I will have to correct you as the fuel injectors, and mass air flow meter for the 85 1/2 and later 944 engines in the USA are as follows for the M44.05 - M44.10 engine codes#'s

Mass Air Flow Part # 944 606121 01

Fuel Injector part# 930 606 120 00

Same parts for all engine with codes specified above!

These are taken directly from the Porsche 944 85 - 88 PET fuel and ignition mapping on this computer matches the higher compression pistons. You might not need the engine wiring harness but I would change both to take advantage if your using these '88 pistons!

Thanks
'89 944 Race car with '88 SPEC motor and 24hrs of lemons killer

'83 Euro, sunroof delete, LSD and way too much cool stuff to go into
Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by booostfeen.
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds