Username Password: Remember me

Wanted: Late model fuel rail
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wanted: Late model fuel rail

Wanted: Late model fuel rail 14 years ago #7214

• Dillon
  • Drivers Ed
Need this ASAP. Mine cracked around the #3 injector and is leaking pretty badly. Anyone have one? Thanks!

Re:Wanted: Late model fuel rail 14 years ago #7216

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
If you can't quickly find one here, you could always try some of the online recyclers. I'll bet you could quickly find one at dcauto.com, apartabove.com, or autotechplus.com.
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec

Re:Wanted: Late model fuel rail 14 years ago #7218

I have one ... i don't know if it's good or not you can try it.

Re:Wanted: Late model fuel rail 14 years ago #7219

Check your balance shafts. I'd almost bet money that you will find them off a tooth.

I cracked 2 fuel rails in exactly the same spot before I realized the balance shaft belt had jumped a tooth or two.

Clarks-garage.com has a good write up on the balance shafts.

Others have cracked the oil pickup tube and spun rod bearings because of the same thing so check it soon!

Re:Wanted: Late model fuel rail 14 years ago #7220

• Dillon
  • Drivers Ed
Thanks guys! Chuck, I'll give you a call tomorrow. Maybe we can set something up for this weekend?

944Racer72 wrote:
Check your balance shafts. I'd almost bet money that you will find them off a tooth.

I cracked 2 fuel rails in exactly the same spot before I realized the balance shaft belt had jumped a tooth or two.

Others have cracked the oil pickup tube and spun rod bearings because of the same thing so check it soon!

Hmm, I'll have to check that then. My balance shaft seals were leaking like crazy, but I guess that's a common problem, regardless of if the shafts themselves are aligned or not? I don't think they are off, because I've had the car on track several times and nothing big has come up, aside from a few oil leaks. Also the car came with an early model fuel rail (not attached, just in a box of parts); so I'd be willing to bet that someone tried to replace it at some point but bought the wrong rail. However my car does feel down on power, compared to other 944s I've driven. So I'll definitely check them anyway!

Edit: Tomorrow I'll take some pictures of where the fuel rail is cracked to see if it's in the same spot as yours (and others). I better check the balance shafts sooner rather than later if this is really a potential problem...
Last Edit: 14 years ago by Dillon.

Re:Wanted: Late model fuel rail 14 years ago #7223

944Racer72 wrote:

Having balance shafts of does not always feel as bad as you'd think, but I'd agree it's a common cause of this failure. I speak from experience!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds