Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

If you build it, will they come? (FL)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: If you build it, will they come? (FL)

Re: If you build it, will they come? (FL) 13 years, 1 month ago #11109

• UFfitz56
  • Comp School
Thanks! Yea I definitely need to flush the coolant system as I have no clue how long or what is in there. I've always used distilled water and water wetter in my other cars so I will be doing the same with the 944. I have an RO system in my house but never heard it is better than distilled?

Re: If you build it, will they come? (FL) 13 years, 1 month ago #11111

Distilled water is pure water. What that means is has not been filtered, but boiled and evaporated to remove impurities. Chemists use only distilled water because they don't want it to be factor when they do experiements. RO water is good, but not as "clean" as distilled.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: If you build it, will they come? (FL) 13 years, 1 month ago #11113

• UFfitz56
  • Comp School
^^Thanks!

I've been looking at my fan options since the seller warned me about the oem fans restricting flow too much at speed with the oil cooler installed. What do you guys think about installing 1 of these fans with a switch like this:
http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx?p...il&item=30101507

http://www.amazon.com/Flex-lite-31148-Il...Manual/dp/B000CNJB28

Re: If you build it, will they come? (FL) 13 years, 1 month ago #11114

• Big Dog
  • Banned
If you are concerned about cooling, the oil cooler should not be in front of the radiator as that puts more heat into the radiator. Mine is on the right side and gets air from the fog light opening in the bumper and the light well in the valence. with silicon duct material, and some al ducting too, it works great.

If you do not know the provenance of the radiator, I would advise replacing it with a turbo radiator and be done with any heating issues.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: If you build it, will they come? (FL) 13 years, 1 month ago #11119

• UFfitz56
  • Comp School
Yea I have no room there if you look at the pic on page 2. Plus the oil cooler is about as wide as the radiator.

Re: If you build it, will they come? (FL) 13 years ago #11120

That fan has a CFM around 1200. Spal makes a 1700 CFM 13" fan. This is what I run, and I wouldn't go less for a single fan set up. There is a good deal on them here, which is where I got mine: www.the-fan-man.com/shop/size-pull-part-...-p-204.html?cPath=33
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years ago by Sterling Doc.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds