Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Sway Bar options
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Sway Bar options

Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11030

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
I am looking at upgrading my sway bars that are on my 86 with Option M456.

I have ruled out the weltmeister for now due to budget, but want to upgrade from the 23.5mm front and 14mm rear that are on there now. I have decided to go with the 5 way adjustable 19mm rear from Lindsey racing, but I am not sure what to do with the front to go with the 19mm rear.

Also, I am switching to steel a-arms and wondering if I need anything else when switching to a larger front sway bar? Are the retaining clips the same size? and will they fit in the steel a-arms with no issue?

Thanks!
-Aaron

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11031

A 944 Turbo S/M030 26.8mm front bar, or a 968 M030 30mm hollow front bar would work. Both woud require specific bushings, but coud be made to work a steel a-arm car.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11032

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
Does it requiring drilling a new hole in the a-arm or, hopefully, something less drastic to make them fit?
-Aaron

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11034

You may have to drill out the bushings, but I don't believe you'd have to modify the arms themselves.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11057

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
The M030 bar will bolt to the steel ones. No modification necessary to the A arm. You need the end mounts as they're different than the ones for aluminum. Give Nick @ Bennington's a call, vendor on the left, he has them. You will need to sand out the rubber in the end mounts for the larger bar. I used a dremel with a small sanding drum. Go slow and measure often. Works very well and easy but makes a mess. You'll also need larger rubber bushings for the vertical mount. I suppose you could sand them out too. I bought my bar used and they came with.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11059

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
By end mounts do you mean the drop links and by vertical mounts do you mean the center clip and stabilizer bracket? Could I just order the larger bushings instead of having to sand out the smaller ones?

I just want to make sure I am understand.

Thanks for your help
-Aaron
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds