Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

We've Lost One of our Own
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: We've Lost One of our Own

We've Lost One of our Own 13 years ago #11145

Tom Stein, #444 in the new Great Lakes region, died from head injuries sustained when his Ford Exploror hit the back of a semi truck trailer just over a week ago. Tom was known to be friendly, generous, and competitive, and he will be missed.

The MW/GLR guys will be running #444 stickers in memory of Tom.

Ignore the Gold background, the stickers will be oval.

Please keep him, and his family in your prayers.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: We've Lost One of our Own 13 years ago #11146

Hello Eric, Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Tom. Tyler and I will keep His family and all of you close to him in our prayers. Greg
TYLER PALMER 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNER UP 2011 NATIONAL 944 SPEC CHAMPION 2011 SO CAL REGIONAL CHAMPION 2012 NATIONAL 944 SPEC CHAMPION 2012 SO CAL REGIONAL CHAMPION 2013 NATIONAL 944 SPEC CHAMPION

Re: We've Lost One of our Own 13 years ago #11147

Eric,

Sorry for the loss. I'm sure all Spec cars would be happy to run the stickers in tribute to a fallen racer. I'll gladly contribute to any cost (or perhaps a purchase fund could help the family if necessary).

Steve

Re: We've Lost One of our Own 13 years ago #11148

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Steve - I'd made the same comment to Eric over on Rennlist. We could get together and have Eric get a set for Norcal.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: We've Lost One of our Own 13 years ago #11153

I apologize for the delay in posting again. I wanted to make sure that everything was a bit more clear before I posted again. There was some confusion, as there was a lag between when it became clear that Tom would not survive (due to massive brain damage), and when he passed away - at 10:45pm last night.

There has been an enormous demand for stickers, which is a tribute to Tom, his large ring of friends & family, and the racing community. The stickers are being made by a friend of mine who runs Complinace Signs. As he will not accept payment for them, and I have already upped the "order" 3 times, there will be a large, but limited supply of stickers. My priority is to get them to family, close friends, and local racers. I will try and get stickers out to the rest as supply, and time allows.

As Tom's family has posted that they appreciate the gesture of running stickers, please feel free to duplicate these locally, and run them. PDF is here:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=1y2k-zC6oR_qnrd_8Xc0A6MDpugLIhZ0GhrYGK5nRZEyABeTB-PNQCLPntRBW&hl=en_US

(Ignore the gold background - it is there for contrast.)

It looks like the Smugmug picture origioanlly posted has been crashed or corrupted - hopefully the Google Docs link above is more robust.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years ago by Sterling Doc.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds