Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Happy New Year and Thank you So Much!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much!

Happy New Year and Thank you So Much! 12 years, 7 months ago #12383

Hi, everyone. Since this is the beginning of Hanksville's 7th year in business, I took the time to add-up some numbers (AKA metrics) yesterday. I knew we have built alot of 944 cages, but I had never taken the time to count them all up.

When you include our local Rocky Mountain Region full-cage-builds plus our mail-order 944/924 cages, we have built over 50 cages and roll bars for these cars! Most have been for 944-spec racers, with some 951s and 968s as well. Many of our mail-order cages have gone to the Midwest and Texas, with most other areas of the country represented, plus 3 cages that went to Canada.

I've also bent custom door bars, based either on our own Extended-Style door bars or else based on customers' specs, and sent them to several 944 racers.

So, what's the point? The point is, there are alot of people that I need to thank. Chuck Taylor, David Dirks, Dave Wright, Chris, Weston, C.J., and all of the other RMR racers who saw value in our cages and helped to spread the word. Eric Kuhns, who was our first mail-order cage customer and also helped to spread the word. And all of my other customers and supporters who have made 944 cages a foundational and growing part of my business.

And the ripple effect - because of you all, we are experiencing greater demand for our 911 and other Porsche cages. Our largest cage project to date - for an '09 Cayman S - can be directly traced back to the reputation gaines from our 944-spec customers. In total, have worked-on over 70 Porsche cages, and all can be traced back to 944-spec.

So, thank you so much for your support! I look forward another great season of helping many of you to get your cars on the track in a fun, safe and low-cost fashion.

-Hank
www.944cage.com
www.hanksvillehotrods.com
In-house mandrel bender
Custom-fitted, ready-to-weld mail-order 944 cages

Re: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much! 12 years, 6 months ago #12385

Free cages for all 944 Spec racers in 2012?

Just kidding! When you provide a quality product at a reasonable price and stand behind what you do with pride, people will tell their friends.

I've looked over your excellent website and been very impressed with what you do though I'm not yet a customer (just haven't had the need).

Thanks for supporting the series!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hanksville Hot Rods

Re: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much! 12 years, 6 months ago #12388

Thanks, Hank, for making a quality cage. Not only was I the first mail-order customer, I believe I was the first to put the cage through a "flip the car over the nose" test. I owe the integrity of my neck to the integrity of Hank's cage.

I've had two cars with Hanksville cages, and two built by local guys. When I build another race car, it WILL be a Hank's cage. The fit, and design, are the best, and very fairly priced.

I would also encourage anyone who is building a 944 (or any Porsche), to just save themselves a lot of hassle, and get a Hanksville cage. You might think you can do it better/cheaper/easier on your own, and you'd be wrong.

Thanks to Chuck, for helping to engineer this relationship to begin with - it's been a great one for 944 Spec.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hanksville Hot Rods

Re: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much! 12 years, 6 months ago #12391

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
I'm excited to see how one of these look -- my dad ordered one and we are currently stripping his stock-class 944 Turbo out and will be having it installed within the month. Consequently - I get the hand-me-down bolt-in cage I'd love to have a weld-in, but free-99 is a great price.
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)

Re: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much! 12 years, 6 months ago #12398

Thanks, guys! Eric, indeed you are the only racer to have flipped one of our cages on its lid. You've made our roof bar a very popular option.

Greg, is Darrell your Dad? If so, please tell him hi and thanks again for me. My cell number and email are in the installation guide, so feel free to call/text/email if you guys have any questions.

And the class keeps growing. We're currently working on a cage for Ross in Indiana!

Hank
www.944cage.com
www.hanksvillehotrods.com
In-house mandrel bender
Custom-fitted, ready-to-weld mail-order 944 cages

Re: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much! 12 years, 6 months ago #12399

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
Hanksville Hot Rods wrote:

Greg, is Darrell your Dad? If so, please tell him hi and thanks again for me. My cell number and email are in the installation guide, so feel free to call/text/email if you guys have any questions.

He sure is! We are currently gutting the interior in preparation for the cage installation by RSR Motorsports here in SLC. We think that your install guide is great - clear directions and helpful pictures. Quick question - have you had many people that have had to trim the plate that goes on the frame channel closest to the dashboard? This is the A-pillar of the roll cage and it appears that the plate doesn't quite fit snug enough to the chassis (maybe a quarter to half inch of hangover)
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds