Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Looking to do some travelling in 2012
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking to do some travelling in 2012

Looking to do some travelling in 2012 12 years, 6 months ago #12435

Last year, I got to Hastings (Texas/RM), and California Speedway (SoCal), and of course Great Lakes. I went to the SE region in 2009.

I'm thinking of visiting NorCal, Az, and/or SE region while the snow is on the ground, and hopefully the RM proper and/or Central Regions later.

Neal Agran (MW Director), may also join me. Any affordable rental options in NorCal, or Az? I could tow to closer regions.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Looking to do some travelling in 2012 12 years, 6 months ago #12438

Eric,
Az next event is next weekend. Jan 14 and 15 at Firebird Main.

Not sure about rentals as Dave Hauck I am pretty sure has his rented reserved for Tage Evanson our Az region director. He and Paul Lynch share the black radical at Nationals this past year and have been sharing Dave's 944 spec rental in the last two events.

After that we have race at Chuckwalla in the middle of the California Desert. It will be a NASA Az hosted event with So-cal 944 spec crossover. It is about a 3.5 hr tow from Phoenix so with the loss of PIR once of our "home tracks" now.

Firebird is in town and 25 mintues from the Airport.

I will ask if there are any one willing to do a 944 rental for Firebird.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: Looking to do some travelling in 2012 12 years, 6 months ago #12439

I probably can't squeeze an event in January still. Feb or March is more likely. If we can get two cars to rent, Neal is likely to come as well. Neal is very fast, and capable. He started last in the National Championships (d/t axle problems in the qualifying races), and made his way all the way up to second place in the rain, before finishing third. He also drove the winning E3 car in the 25hours of Thunderhill this year, posting some of the fastest lap times. If need be, Neal tells me he will rent "anything with wheels".
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 12 years, 6 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Looking to do some travelling in 2012 12 years, 6 months ago #12446

Eric,
Here is our schedule for the spring. As yo can see we get alot racing in before the snow breaks.

Jan 14 & 15, 2012 (Sat & Sun) - FIR Main - Chandler, AZ (In Phx)

Feb 3-5, 2012 (Fri,Sat & Sun) Chuckwalla Valley Raceway (CVR) ”CW Configuration” - Desert Center, CA (3.5 to 4hrs from Phx)
Friday “Test & Tune” (details TBD)

Feb 18 & 19, 2012 (Sat & Sun) Arizona Motorsports Park (AMP) - Litchfield Park, AZ (In Phx)
Racing (test & tune only)- Due to strict sound limits there will be no racing only test day. 944 spec cars can pass sound, but most race cars cannot without mods.

Mar 3 & 4, 2012 (Sat & Sun) - Autoclub Speedway - Fontana, CA (NASA So Cal crossover event!)

March 31, 2012 (Sat “day & night”) FIR West & FIR Main – Chandler, AZ
(Our big spectator event of the year) - In Phx
Hyperdrive, HPDE, Drifting
Racing (points event on West & points event on Main)
- I will be out of town for this event. Family trip already booked.

May 5 & 6, 2012 (Sat & Sun) INDE - Willcox, AZ (Configuration “2″ or “3″) 3.5 to 4hr drive east of Phx.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 12 years, 6 months ago by joepaluch.

Re: Looking to do some travelling in 2012 12 years, 6 months ago #12449

Chuckwalla sounds interesting, though short notice. I'll see what my options are.
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Looking to do some travelling in 2012 12 years, 6 months ago #12450

We'd love to have you up in NorCal. I'm sure we can come up with a loaner or two (I know Rick has talked about loaning and has very fast cars). Big Dog has 2 fast cars as well. Let us know what race you want to attend and we'll work out the details.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds