Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Az vs Socal Round 1 Feb 4,5 Chuckwalla Roll Call
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Az vs Socal Round 1 Feb 4,5 Chuckwalla Roll Call

Re: Az vs Socal Round 1 Feb 4,5 Chuckwalla Roll Call 12 years, 5 months ago #12616

Norm,

Sorry to hear about the spindle, been there.

If the weather is OK on Sunday, I may fly out in a airplane that my friend and I built.
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Az vs Socal Round 1 Feb 4,5 Chuckwalla Roll Call 12 years, 5 months ago #12618

The early car spindles, ugh!

We hope to see you, come early, the race is around noon. I think one of the straights is a landing strip, so if 99 isn't in the lead, try to land just in front of or on top of who ever is:)

Actually, if you fly out today, we have open track practice all day, you can take my car out and be the first to try out the new/used spindle!
Norman #99
Last Edit: 12 years, 5 months ago by norman#99.

Re: Az vs Socal Round 1 Feb 4,5 Chuckwalla Roll Call 12 years, 5 months ago #12630

Jim, Greg and Tyler,
Great to see you guys out at the track. Too bad you were not able to drive. The track is simply great. Lots and lots of fun. Challenging, but not overly hard to learn. Just very nice flowing track and nothing to hit for miles around.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: Az vs Socal Round 1 Feb 4,5 Chuckwalla Roll Call 12 years, 5 months ago #12633

Ditto to Joe's post! Tyler is a foot taller than when I saw him at the 2010 nationals, Jim and Greg are about the same or a little shorter! Jim, we enjoyed you buzzing the track in your airplane, reminded me of Tom Cruise in Top Gun!

Great track, worth the drive, camping at the track was fun too, NASA-AZ was a great host with the usual good food and entertainment. We are back in early December and that includes the annual 3 hour enduro which really helps to justify the haul.

Hope we can make it to AutoClub Speedway for the biggest field of 944's ever!
Norman #99

Re: Az vs Socal Round 1 Feb 4,5 Chuckwalla Roll Call 12 years, 5 months ago #12666

Here is my video from the event.

944 spec Race on Saturday Feb 4th at Chuckwalla.

Best lap 2:08:6

http://youtu.be/gxCEWwP_w1k

944 spec race sunday -

Best Lap 2:08.5 - At the end you will see why I was pulled in early.

http://youtu.be/xM2FEs96a6g

Chuckwalla is a great 944 track. Very flowing and also techincal. Is not about hp at this track and no short 5th required as you spend the entire time in 3rd or 4th gears.
Joe Paluch
Last Edit: 12 years, 5 months ago by joepaluch.

Re: Az vs Socal Round 1 Feb 4,5 Chuckwalla Roll Call 12 years, 5 months ago #12667

Joe Paluch
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds