Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

944Spec running GTS1
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 944Spec running GTS1

Re: 944Spec running GTS1 11 years, 8 months ago #13736

• JB3
  • Junior Racer
We will be at the last Mid Atlantic event VIR in Oct. Can't miss the beer-fest!

Had to make some minor repairs. Classic PIT maneuver. Broke the wheel, trailing arm, shock, trailing blades both bent, axle pulled out of cv.

Plan is to (maybe) start next year as Spec. Just swap out Hoos for Toyo.
Attachments:
'JB'
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by JB3.

Re: 944Spec running GTS1 11 years, 8 months ago #13749

Mike and I will be there, too- Mike will be running 944-Spec, I'll be in DE-3.

Have any Toyo's you could throw on it? We might be able to convince RJ to make the haul up, too and have a full podium.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by Brian Evans.

Re: 944Spec running GTS1 11 years, 8 months ago #13774

• JB3
  • Junior Racer
Brian I'm going to look around and see if can located some used Toyo to bring. In the event that there are enough Spec to make a run group AND I can find some tires we'll switch out and run Spec (I'll pull the spacers off the rear and add some ballast- other than that we're legal). But it's too late in the year to buy tires new. I'm not even replacing the Hoo that got ruined in the crash - you would be amazed at the build date of the tires that will replace that!

Also/or if you guys have some old spares to bring I'd buy those tires from you. What with the change to diff tire in 13 that works.
'JB'
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by JB3.

Re: 944Spec running GTS1 11 years, 8 months ago #13793

Looks like RJ is racing with Chump that weekend so it will just be you and Mike.

Mike will be running spec regardless so if you can't locate any Toyo's and you want to run in spec we can trade tires for Saturday or the weekend(I think Sunday's race is a no-points race).
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: 944Spec running GTS1 11 years, 8 months ago #13794

I will be there. Since I thought it was just me I was planning on trying out the new Spec tires for that event. TOYO RR. If you want to run your Hoosiers I'm fine with that. See you there.
Michael Dearstyne
NASA-SE 944Spec "Commander" Retired
2012 NASA-SE 944Spec Champion
2013 NASA-SE 944Spec Champion

Re: 944Spec running GTS1 11 years, 8 months ago #13795

One added twist is that the move to the Toyo RR's will close the tire gap,and are still fun to drive with big slip angles.

There is some interest from the MW/GL guys in having a bunch of cars come down south once over the winter. I need to look sat the schedules, and see what could work, but maybe we could help jumps-start things as well.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by Sterling Doc.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds